News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Firefox Trojan Alert - 1 User

Started by Cheese Head, April 08, 2011, 07:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheese Head

Hi all, I'm using SMF 2.0 RC2 (I know should update, but I have several tweaks and forum is working fine).

One forum member accessing forum via Firefox has flagged that he is getting a Trojan Alert, is this just a one off or do I have a problem or does he have a problem on his PC/Mac?

If a problem then any low tech advice appreciated! TIA John.

UPDATE: Forgot to mention that user has Kaspersky anti-virus installed.

kat

Just visited your site and got no warnings in either Opera, Firefox or K-Meleon.

So, yeah, one would suspect his AV's being a bit over the top.

What anti-virus software is he using?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It is my firm belief at the moment that what we are dealing with here is a False Positive from Kaspersky's Heuristic detection.
If your user has the ability to disable heuristic detection from web protection, I would suggest they try if that helps.

Other than that, following the topic Illori linked to is a good idea.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Arantor

Quote from: LexArma on April 08, 2011, 07:32:36 AM
It is my firm belief at the moment that what we are dealing with here is a False Positive from Kaspersky's Heuristic detection.
If your user has the ability to disable heuristic detection from web protection, I would suggest they try if that helps.

Other than that, following the topic Illori linked to is a good idea.

Yes, other users have reported this.

Cheese Head

Many thanks all for advice and link, will revert to my member with the problem and mark this Topic Solved.

Advertisement: