Blank page when going to forum URL

Started by ziycon, April 08, 2011, 05:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziycon

Just wondering if anyone can help, I made some changes to a local SMF install and tested it and all worked ok, now I've uploaded it to the web server and it just displays a white page for all forum pages, no source oced either and no errors in the logs or on screen, all the SSI.php functions still work on all the other(non SMF) pages of the site, any ideas as this is quite urgent?

Thanks in advance.

Arantor

So did you run repair-settings.php and fix all the paths (and/or DB details) in Settings.php?

ziycon

Yup, tried it already, it didn't make any difference. :s

ziycon

I restored the site from a backup I took before I applied the updates and its back working, I'll need to get the updates applied.

I've looked at the logs for SMF and found the below two, anyone any ideas what they are and how to resolve them?

Quote2: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /public_html/site/sys_config/includes.php:39)
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /public_html/site/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 2389

2: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /public_html/site/sys_config/includes.php:24)
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /public_html/site/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 3598

Arantor

Well, something that's invoking SMF is doing its own session_start calls, which it shouldn't because SMF does its own session management...

ziycon

Thats what I thought but there is nothing else invoking sessions as the whole site uses SMF's sessions for everything!?!

Arantor

Well, I'd take a look at includes.php..

ziycon

Turns out it was pretty urls mod causing the problems, don't even know why I needed it, its gone now.

Thanks for the help Arantor

Advertisement: