SMF as Facebook APP

Started by checkmater, April 09, 2011, 02:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

checkmater

Someone got it?, I'm moding a SMF 2.0 RC5 forum to work as a Facebook APP, using the SA Facebook Integration Im getting it to work as an APP, but Im getting problems coz I need that whe the links are clicked then it changes the Top url and not the iframe url because it does the forum to be faster, that thing is that I know basics about SMF modding and I dont know where the links are created.. to add a Javascript function...

For example I have the links...
<a href = "forumurl/board/topic-whateverthing"">anchor</a>

And i want to add a function.. so all links should look like

<a href = "forumurl/board/topic-whateverthing"" onClick="change_top(this)">anchor</a>

Can be it done?.. Thanks in advance!

I dunno if this thread goes here.. so excuse me if not.
SMF, other software developing and some other stuff on my website, you can also hire someone at myFreelancing website . xD

Kindred

SMF will not work well, if at aall, in an iframe.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

checkmater

Yes, I finally decided to maintain the main domain name.. anyway now Im getting problems when reading the cookies from the iFrame... the site is working fine at IE.. but not at FF and Chrome
SMF, other software developing and some other stuff on my website, you can also hire someone at myFreelancing website . xD

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

vBulletin did another *thing* for money... 100$ for stupid (sorry) application? No thx bye.

I have active vBulletin license i used it, it's not that good... You can't use AdSense in it. So if your forum based on ADs, fail :P

Neol

Quote from: Antes on October 29, 2011, 11:29:33 AM
vBulletin did another *thing* for money... 100$ for stupid (sorry) application? No thx bye.

I have active vBulletin license i used it, it's not that good... You can't use AdSense in it. So if your forum based on ADs, fail :P

Why stupid? It looks pretty good. And is very well integrated.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Zeri YT! on October 29, 2011, 11:15:45 AM
vBulletin did it, and very well: https://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=facebookapp

Good for them. They do things for a profit, so they can easily hire people to do stuff like that, and pass the costs (and then some) on to the customers.

Why would you want to pay $99 to turn your forum into a fancy Facebook app after having already paid almost $200 for the forum software? $300 can get you a really cool custom theme...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

checkmater

Well, I forgot to do an update, but here is the final product, I do not touched the forum since the owner tried to scam me lol, but I get it to work (Anyway I was an ultra noob modding smf).

apps.facebook.com/soccertalk (Copy-paste, I do not want to do any spam)

Greetings!

Norv

Thanks for the work on it, checkmater. However, it doesn't seem to work at all: for a new user, upon acceptance of the app from facebook, it displays a registration successful message. After which it does nothing else - no redirect to the forum.
Using Iceweasel on Linux (FF-based): Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20120421 Iceweasel/3.5.16 (like Firefox/3.5.16). The problem is likely with the app.

I'm not sure what you mean by "not touching the forum"?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

checkmater

Hi, I had a problem with FireFox (and some other web-browser versions) the app was working well with FireFox 4.0 or superior but I had problems with cookies/redirections and registration with versions prior to the 4.0, I remember it was working well, but the forum owner wanted it to work on 3.6 and I was forced to avoid the last redirection. (But the app works well if modified to work with the 4 versions or superior).

Quote from: N. N. on April 30, 2012, 12:27:55 AM

Not modifying or editing, since it was a paid work and the employer tried to scam me.

Sorry for my bad english!

ssullivan

Quote from: checkmater on May 23, 2012, 11:46:42 AM
Hi, I had a problem with FireFox (and some other web-browser versions) the app was working well with FireFox 4.0 or superior but I had problems with cookies/redirections and registration with versions prior to the 4.0, I remember it was working well, but the forum owner wanted it to work on 3.6 and I was forced to avoid the last redirection. (But the app works well if modified to work with the 4 versions or superior).

Quote from: N. N. on April 30, 2012, 12:27:55 AM

Not modifying or editing, since it was a paid work and the employer tried to scam me.

Sorry for my bad english!
You're using cookies with 3rd party domains on iframes?
You're going to have problems in there for some browser or another, or with some user or another. Better use query strings for the data you need IMHO.

Advertisement: