News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Error with literally doing any thing at all.

Started by Socks Mahoney, April 11, 2011, 09:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Socks Mahoney

A few of my users, including myself, have had problems with performing any simple task on our forum without running into an error like this.

An Error Has Occurred! Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

The problem is that they can't even log out because they'll get than error if they try. They've tried clearing their entire caches, but it hasn't worked. I managed to resolve the issue by changing my username and password, although my issue was probably something else entirely different. Another user managed to get it fixed by making a new account altogether. I made a new account for one other person, but they're still running into this problem. One of the other admins has been doing maintenance like crazy and we're still having no luck.  Anyone else run into anything like this?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Doesn't really fit the description of a bug, I'd move this topic if you'd tell us what version you are on.

First thing to try and solve this, go through the Cookie settings of your forum.
I'd start by simply renaming the Cookie ( it usually has a few numbers in the end, just change those to something random ) and see if it would fix this. Also, before going further if this didn't help - make sure your forum theme is compatible with the version you are on.

Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Illori

i would suggest running What is repair_settings.php? and only changing the cookie, this will logout all users and let them log back in. what version of smf are you running?

Socks Mahoney

That's strange. The version just says it's a few question marks, while it says my version is SMF 2.0 RC4.

Illori

sounds like you have some other issues as well. can you post a link to your forum so we can take a look?

Socks Mahoney

hxxp:theslackerz.com/forums/index.php [nonactive]

Illori

where do you see it say your version is question marks? your copyright looks correct.

Socks Mahoney

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Are you running your website over a VPS or dedicated server? It may be an issue due to incompatible modules on the server.

Advertisement: