News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Cool Site i found

Started by 1MileCrash, July 21, 2005, 11:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1MileCrash

dont know if any of you have ever seen anything like this, but it's really cool. If your like me, sometimes, when doing html junk, you'll forget one little tag and destroy all of your work, and have to go back and edit it and crap, well not anymore :). With this, you enter your html into the box, and click "evaluate". It gives you the output, and basically "proofreads" your html in one click.

Here

it is very useful when making web pages. I make it it notepad, when i think im done, i copy it, paste the code in that box, and check it. Really useful!
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

۞

What does this do? It just seems to output the html i enter. What's the difference than me just opening the .html page I write in my browser?

A long time ago I did write a command like application which would scan through a .html document and check each /<(\w+)[^>]*>/ had a matching </$1>. Wonder if i still have it. It was pretty useful for quickly checking the structure of your html document. I had it bound to a key shortcut in crimson editor :)
TTTTTT  OOOOOO MMMMMM   BBBBBB

1MileCrash

yeah, that's basically what it does. But it's overall quicker, and less of a hassle to change your mistakes. You just close the window that pops up with the output, fix your mistake, then hit "evauleate". Voila

۞

???

Looking at the source, it doesn't do anything like that.

All it does is pop up a window with your html code in it.

Quotevar code = document.getElementById("code").value;
   var HTMLstring=code;

newwindow=window.open();
   newdocument=newwindow.document;
   newdocument.write(HTMLstring);
   newdocument.close();

1MileCrash

if i click view source, it does the shows the same thing as you....however, it's working fine for me.

for instance, if i enter <BODY bgcolor="gray">, the popup page will appear with a gray background.

۞

Oh i thought you were saying it does some syntax checking or something.

This is really no more useful than having a preview in browser button in your text editor. ;)

1MileCrash

yeah, i guess youre right. But i dont even use text editors anymore. I just work with ^that thing.

Tim

Advertisement: