Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Auto Respond

Started by Suki, April 14, 2011, 10:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

Link to the mod

Auto Respond, https://missallsunday.com

The software is licensed under MIT License.

Description:

This mod allow you to set a custom automatic reply when a new topic is created in a board you specify.

• Set the user ID per message.
  • Set if the user post count will increase.
  • You can create as many custom messages as needed.
Requirements
  • SMF 2.1.x.
  • PHP 7.4 or greater.
Languages:
  • English
Changelog:
2.1 February 2024
- Change license to MIT
- Update to be hooks only
- Refactor backend logic

2.0.2 May 2017
- Change license to Mozilla 2.0
- Remove deprecated constructor
- Add English utf8 language
- Update the template

2.0.1 Jan 2012
- Renamed template names to avoid conflicts with other mods.
- Added a remove file to manually remove the hooks if necessary.

2.0 Oct 2011
- Added and admin interface for creating multiple messages for multiple boards.

1.0.2 Aug 2011
- Added an option to set a dummy IP
- Rewrite of language strings
- Added English utf8

1.0.1 Jun 2011
- Support for SMF 2.0
- Added an option to lock the topic along with the auto response.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Aportadordelmix

thank much

Very useful mod

Bugo

Fine. Please add russian translation.

Suki

Quote from: Blade_Runner on April 16, 2011, 02:54:04 AM
Any good examples on how this mod can be used?

It highly depends on your forum needs, if you forum needs a feature such as this, then you will use it,  I made this mod because I actually need it and I share it in the hope other people will find it useful :)
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Bugo

What about new feature — a few of fields for custom replies (Reply 1, Reply 2, Reply 3 etc.) + random auto reply.

Blade_Runner

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on April 16, 2011, 09:20:40 PM

It highly depends on your forum needs, if you forum needs a feature such as this, then you will use it,  I made this mod because I actually need it and I share it in the hope other people will find it useful :)

Thank you for sharing this mod. Do you mind to share how you are using this mod? I believe more people would be interested if they know how to apply it to their forum. :)

Suki

I'm not using it right now since I do not have a forum of my own.

Actually this mod was done by request but I end up using it along with the "by board permissions" and a custom form,  a user in x group will be able to see this form, along with the form the user upload a little zip file (manga translations),  the zip goes to an specific folder and all the data from the form its used to create a topic in a certain board,  then with the autorespond mod I can tell the user more info and more instructions, since the new topic was moderated only the OP and moderators could see the topic and the reply made with the autorespond mod.

This was a very specific use for this mod,  you can also use it to set a custom reply when a user creates an introduction topic, or a birthday topic  or for any other repetitive task.

qubbah

When Click Install Now there is blank page. Not install successfull.

Suki

any errors on your error log?  what SMF version are you using?

Masterd

djflakf1

explain more detail  your use...  i don't know how can i use it :S

say...

GO ADMIN ... GO OPTION AND... go status.

come on plz .. i'm noob ... because in my forum i don't  see where can i configurate this mode

Suki

@djflakf1   if you cannot think of a good reason to install this mod then is better not to install it ;)  to install  mods just for the sake of installing mods doesn't make any good for your forum.

the mod has a redirect option, when you install the mod, the package manager will take you to this url:

index.php?action=admin;area=autorespond

to manually go there go to Admin / configuration /  Autorespond

it should be the last menu.

The reason you don't see the page is most likely that you use a different language than English, in that case you need to translate the mod to your native tongue or rename the /Themes/default/languages/AutoRespond.english.php   to  AutoRespond.yourlanguage.php   where "yourlanguage"  is the your language's name.

djflakf1

when i want enter the configuration  my form redirected to administrator center :S ..

djflakf1

no working in my forum..

Suki

Quote from: djflakf1 on April 23, 2011, 06:21:33 AM
when i want enter the configuration  my form redirected to administrator center :S ..

Quote from: djflakf1 on April 23, 2011, 06:28:12 AM
no working in my forum..

djflakf1    I cannot possible help you if you do not provide enough info,  please do answer me the follow:

-What language are you using in your forum?
-What SMF version are you using?
-Any error on your error log?
-How did you install this mod?  with the packager manager?  manually?

DoctorMalboro

Can a post made by an admin not have the autobot enabled?

Thank you and the mod is great ;)

Suki

Yes,  in AutoRespond.php, on the AutoRespond();  function   globalize  $context and then in the  conditional:

if (empty($modSettings['AR_enable']) ||  !in_array($topicOptions['board'], $ar_boards))
         return;

you can add $context['user']['is_admin']

if (empty($modSettings['AR_enable']) ||  !in_array($topicOptions['board'], $ar_boards) || $context['user']['is_admin'])
return;

Illori

slight typo

$txt['AR_userid'] = '<span style="font-weight:bold;">ID of the user who will post the reply:</span><br /> Ff empty, it will be ID number 1 (admin).';

should be

$txt['AR_userid'] = '<span style="font-weight:bold;">ID of the user who will post the reply:</span><br /> If empty, it will be ID number 1 (admin).';

Suki

OK, little update:

-Added Russian language.
-Fixed a typo in AutoRespond.english.php.

Advertisement: