News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[help] how to disable package? can't access the site

Started by uninvited13th, April 15, 2011, 01:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uninvited13th

Hello,

I just recently installed a package but it gives error to my site and I can't access it..

How will I solve this? Thanks

kingjazz

Depending on how and where the error is triggered you can try to access the admin area directly....http://yoururl/smf/index.php?action=admin;area=packages

Try that first ;) Good luck

kingjazz

I see :/ bummer....well, if you know which package/module did this you can go to that mods page here at SMF, look at the manual install instructions and then manually remove all the entries from the files on your forum....might be some work depending on the complexity of the mod...but if you're semi-experienced it shouldn't be too hard :)

Again, good luck ;)

uninvited13th

so i'll just delete the files? how about its modifications?

kingjazz

Quote from: uninvited13th on April 15, 2011, 02:46:46 AM
so i'll just delete the files? how about its modifications?

No, no, no :P you must edit/remove all the modifications it made to your files ;) if you go to the mods page here at SMF you can open the install instructions and see all the edits, to which files etc...and they should all be removed...the files aren't that important since they are not creating the error....post a link to the mod here and I will explain better if you'd want me to :)

searchgr

go to the package backups and restore the modified by the mod files.

kingjazz

Quote from: searchgr on April 15, 2011, 03:03:32 AM
go to the package backups and restore the modified by the mod files.

Sounds like a good plan too ;) what exactly is backed up in those archives? The whole site before the package install?

uninvited13th

uninvited13th

I think I have to go to the database.. I already removed and reverted the file modifications

Robert.

QuoteI just recently installed a package but it gives error to my site

What error?

Seems like your problem is solved. Please mark this as solved then

Advertisement: