News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[Free] Blokr

Started by bloc, April 16, 2011, 03:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

blokr is a new and innovative theme that challenge some of the way a forum usually look and feel like. But, it also has option to turn the new layout off, keeping only the colors.

Screenshots are below, but you can only check it out on the demosite:
http://www.blocweb.net/demos/index.php?demo=blokr

Antes

Master work :) very lovely !

NanoSector

Nice, but the menu buttons can be longer :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

rocknroller

ARG01

Nice, clean, professional. Good work Bloc.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Robert.

Tanks

Looks awesome :) But what if the user does not select avatar ?

bloc

Quote from: Tanks on April 17, 2011, 04:10:28 AM
If not it will just show a standard "no-avatar" image. :)

Madzgo

Tanks

Quote from: Bloc on April 17, 2011, 07:00:39 AM

Ahh okay then :)

Would the "force choosing avatar on registration" mod work on this theme ?

bloc

Quote from: Tanks on April 17, 2011, 10:11:50 AM
Quote from: Bloc on April 17, 2011, 07:00:39 AM

Ahh okay then :)

Would the "force choosing avatar on registration" mod work on this theme ?
Not a clue lol, but very few mods will work on it, as the basetheme it will be a subtheme within, is totally rewritten from default theme and use all templates.

You see, my main mission with this and other upcoming themes is to focus on the visuals, mods are not my concern at all. ( as it should have been from the start in SMF but thats another discussion) So..if a mod is to work on this theme project it has to be better and latch itself onto source files instead - not on the template files. Or users will need to add it manually. The new 2.0 hooks are good too. :)

Tanks

Okay, thanks for your answers. The theme looks really great :)

I would have loved to buy it but if no mods are supported then it is not for me. There are at least a few mods that I would not want to miss out on.

bloc

I am not selling themes anymore. Both Blokr and Harmonia will be free themes. But as you say some will value their mods more than the look of their forum, and thats of course entirely up to them. 

But do note that I said that any WELL behaved mod that use the hooks in SMF and do not directly modify SMF templates, will work just fine with these themes. THOSE mods are the quality ones, since their developers actually took the time to make room for designers to not worry about if they can actually change a template or not(which is what templates are all about, being changed as part of a new theme.)

Tanks

I agree with you but i would not know if a mod uses a hook or not.

I do value the look of my forums very much but for my next project I would love to use the Facebook connect mod. (I am waiting for 2.0 final)

That your themes are free is very good to hear. I thought you had some premium club, and that would also be fair, since you very clearly spend a lot of time making these beautiful themes.

bloc

I did..but closed it 2 weeks ago. It was never the reason why I was making SMF themes - tbh I feel more free now to try new things and layouts than before. :)

ARG01

Bloc is on a good track reverting to free themes. When selling themes you are expected to be on support duty 24/7 and volunteers tend to avoid offering support for someone else's premium themes. But with free themes your support duties are more flexible because you will always have a few loyal volunteers to help out when your away.
Plus if you offer free themes and not premium themes, you will still get some that want to pay for a unique design, that is, if you are still willing to make a buck once in a while.

;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

NanoSector

Quote from: ARG on April 18, 2011, 01:03:37 PM
Bloc is on a good track reverting to free themes. When selling themes you are expected to be on support duty 24/7 and volunteers tend to avoid offering support for someone else's premium themes. But with free themes your support duties are more flexible because you will always have a few loyal volunteers to help out when your away.
Plus if you offer free themes and not premium themes, you will still get some that want to pay for a unique design, that is, if you are still willing to make a buck once in a while.

;)
Not only support will be flexibler, more people are tend to donate :P
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Neekiinh0

Very Nice! good work !

Adaptamos themes de otras plataformas a SMF!
Contactame por MP o Skype: neekiinh0 para saber mas.

rjckE

very very nice! keep on good work

PS4DEV

Really cool theme,
it would be surly interesting for me to see the messageindex.php , cause its great designed :P

Advertisement: