News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[Free] Blokr

Started by bloc, April 16, 2011, 03:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

Quote from: Antechinus on June 18, 2011, 08:34:35 PM
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! ;D

Will be cool to see what you come up with.

Oh and I wouldn't quite say "SMF has finally reached what it should been ever since 2.0 was started". We're well on the way though and I'm optimistic.

ETA: Off topic: I fgured out the other night how to do your old alternative poll/stats bars on standard Curve markup. Just needs some CSS2 tweaking and people can have whatever style they like.

Mainly the license changes really, template-wise its still some way to go. ;D

The alternative poll/stats bars: great, some will prob. like to try those out occasionally.

Antechinus

Template-wise it's still rather gruesome, but a lot better than 1.1.x. Using CSS3 to its potential will help a lot with that, plus even without that I've thought of some ways of reducing markup and making things more flexible for themers at the same time. We should not have done things like this:

<td class="icon windowbg"', !empty($board['children']) ? ' rowspan="2"' : '', '>

Since we already have this:

table.table_list tbody.content td.icon
{
text-align: center;
width: 6%;
}

The windowbg class only sets a background colour anyway, and makes theming more difficult as it overrides .icon if you would like to customise .icon individually. You can get around that by careful use of css, but it's a PITA that shouldn't be required.

Oh and I might post in Tips and Tricks about a few alternative poll bar ideas. I've used an idea of my own in my update of my variants.

Alpay

kingkingston

hows this masterpiece going ?

toogodge

ขอยืมไปใช่หน่อยนะฮะ :D

bloc

Quote from: kingkingston on August 22, 2011, 03:56:17 AM
hows this masterpiece going ?
It was destined to be part of a base theme project, but I have gonw away from it and will develop it as a normal theme. Its due though, so it will be released in the coming week(s).

Ricky.

Bloc, I really liked all your work. You you really know what you want to do with SMF !

bloc

Quote from: Ricky. on August 22, 2011, 06:33:37 AM
Bloc, I really liked all your work. You you really know what you want to do with SMF !
Thanks. :) I love the way SMF has made it possible to use your imagination in coming up with new layouts and designs. Some say PHP in templates are evil, but I would never started with SMF themes if if wasn't for it.

But most of all its just FUN. :)

Ricky.

Quote from: Bloc on August 22, 2011, 03:11:26 PM
Thanks. :) I love the way SMF has made it possible to use your imagination in coming up with new layouts and designs. Some say PHP in templates are evil, but I would never started with SMF themes if if wasn't for it.

Well, I agree with you, have been through lots of BB software and ultimately I loved SMF only.. and just for same reason.. although for a while I went to taste paid bb also but those are all just bloated !

bloc

Quote from: Ricky. on August 23, 2011, 06:16:42 AM
Quote from: Bloc on August 22, 2011, 03:11:26 PM

Well, I agree with you, have been through lots of BB software and ultimately I loved SMF only.. and just for same reason.. although for a while I went to taste paid bb also but those are all just bloated !

Paid themes for BBpress? I wasn't aware there were any in existence, actually. They were bloated, you say...in what way was that? *curious*

bloc

- blokr is now released.

You can wait for the approval at the SMF theme site, or get it at blocweb:

http://www.blocweb.net/index.php?action=bwgallery;design=163

Robert.

Nolt

Good work, beautiful theme.

Advertisement: