News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

URLs for different sections

Started by carderne, April 17, 2011, 12:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carderne

I'm sure this has been covered countless times, so I'm sorry, but I didn't know what to search for to find it.

The main sections I have on my forum are the front page (a portal), the forum itself, and an articles section.

The URLs for these end with
/index.php
/index.php?action=forum
/index.php?action=articles

respectivels. If possible, I'd much prefer them to just be
/
/forum
/articles

Is that possible, and how much am I likely to break by doing it? I currently have ADK Portal and SMF Articles installed...

Thanks for your help

Spoogs

search the mod site for SimpleSEF

carderne

NanoSector

If this is solved, please hit that green button below :)
It marks the topic as "solved", meaning no further assistance is required.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

carderne

Hi again,

sorry, I forgot to mention that I already have Pretty URLs installed.

So for instance my individual boards are like this:
example.com/off-topic/
.../entertainment/

But the main page that lists all the boards is still:
example.com/index.php?action=forum

I think this is because of the combination of ADK Portal and Pretty URLs, so  I assume some sort of snooping around in the code will be necessary to fix it?

Thanks again

Spoogs

Ah wasnt aware u were using pretty url... however you'd be better off seekinh help in the Pretty URLs support topic

carderne

Thanks I'll go see if I can get some help there.

carderne

No luck yet at the Pretty URL thread.

Anyone got an idea? Here's my problem again:

I have a small problem with my combination of ADK Portal and Pretty URLs.

My home page is the portal and then the main forum page is at /index.php?action=forum but then once you go into an actual board, Pretty URLs kicks in and I get /off-topic/ and /off-topic/hello-world/ for topics. I'd like help on getting the main forum page to just be /forum...

Thanks

Illori

as said above you need to use the support thread for the mod(s) you have installed. bumping this thread will not get you any better help as those that use the mod may not visit this board or see this thread.

Advertisement: