News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

BBC Parser error - parts of content missing

Started by XxMikexX, April 18, 2011, 07:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XxMikexX

Hi all,

I have a really strange problem with my SMF.
Some posts are missing content.

The Settings.ini is configured that the DB is utf8. Also the DB and all its tables/cols are configured to contain UTF8.

Nevertheless I had to change the parse_bbc methods code accordingly that everything works:

// Parse bulletin board code in a string, as well as smileys optionally.

function parse_bbc($message, $smileys = true, $cache_id = '', $parse_tags = array())

{

global $txt, $scripturl, $context, $modSettings, $user_info, $smcFunc;

static $bbc_codes = array(), $itemcodes = array(), $no_autolink_tags = array();

static $disabled;

// EVIL FIX
$message = utf8_encode($message);

Any ideas what the cause could be?!

Illori

what version of smf are you running?

do you have $db_character_set = 'utf8'; in your settings.php file?

Masterd

This problem was often in SMF 2.0 RC3, so if you are running that version, please upgrade to the new one. Upgrade proccess should automaticly fix what Illori said, if that is causing your problem.

Illori

this was also an issue when upgrading to RC4 if you got one of the very early releases the line in settings.php got removed by accident.

Masterd

No. This issue was happening if you were upgrading to SMF 2.0 RC3. It's fixed in SMF 2.0 RC4.

Illori

yes it is currently fixed, but was a reported issue when upgrading to RC4 with the first few downloads, there is a bug report on it in the proper board you can look up.

Arantor

* Arantor agrees with what Illori said, knowing that he had to patch round that in his own stuff...

XxMikexX

Hi all,

I am using RC4 and also got this line in my config file: $db_character_set = 'utf8';

Any further suggestions?!

XxMikexX

By the way. It seems like SMF is completely ignoring the $db_character_set variable.
I can put anything into it and nothing changes!

Advertisement: