Chat and Gallery Mods

Started by binaryman, April 18, 2011, 08:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binaryman

I apologize if I didn't research this thorough enough, but there are so many mods to look through.

Can anyone tell me a preferred chat and gallery mod ?  I am running RC5.0.  I tried a couple of the chat mods and they give me errors prior to install so i don't know if that's because other people where logged on or if the chat mod just wasn't compatible as we thought.

I tried one Gallery mod but apparently the author of it is going to Wedge.  So i am looking for an alternative.

Thanks for your time.

MC73

I used the Simple Portal 2.3.3 chat and the Aeva Gallery Mod ..... I never had one problem with any one of them.
Over 1100 Online Flash Games 

binaryman

Quote from: MC73 on April 18, 2011, 08:43:08 PM
I used the Simple Portal 2.3.3 chat and the Aeva Gallery Mod ..... I never had one problem with any one of them.

I am worried about the Aeva Gallery Mod, it says it won't be supported for SMF when I installed it, so I removed it.

I will look for the Simple Portal 2.3.3 chat and see if I can get that working.  Thank you.

Oh, and thank your for the quick response.

TheListener

Just because it says the Aeva mod won't be supported doesn't mean it cannot be used.

Regarding the simpleportal chat that is mainly a shoutbox.

Have you tried the ajax chat integration mod?

binaryman

Quote from: Brack1 on April 18, 2011, 09:08:41 PM
Just because it says the Aeva mod won't be supported doesn't mean it cannot be used.

Regarding the simpleportal chat that is mainly a shoutbox.

Have you tried the ajax chat integration mod?

I have tried installing a couple of the chat mods and get Test Failures.  Once I finish this Essay for school, I will try the Ajax chat integration mod again and see if I can isolate why I am getting the Failure notices.

I also note that I am getting error messages about some a max signature index missing.  So it could be I have somehow messed up my installation.

Also I couldn't find the chat module mentioned in the above post through searching : 2.3.3. 

Thanks for the response :)

TheListener

When you see test failed when installing mods it means a manual edit is required within the file.

For simpleportal look at www.simpleportal.net I'd advise you search shoutbox over there and NOT chat.

The ajax chat installation filw will be amongst the last few pages and NOT on the mods first post.

I use the ajax chat mod on my RC4 forum although there are people whom use it on RC5

binaryman

Quote from: Brack1 on April 18, 2011, 09:17:35 PM
When you see test failed when installing mods it means a manual edit is required within the file.

For simpleportal look at hxxp:www.simpleportal.net [nonactive] I'd advise you search shoutbox over there and NOT chat.

The ajax chat installation filw will be amongst the last few pages and NOT on the mods first post.

I use the ajax chat mod on my RC4 forum although there are people whom use it on RC5

Wow simpleportal looks nice!!  I may just switch to that!! wish me luck.

aidyUK

well for chat i used SMFPacks Shoutbox and version emulated to install it and it works great the only downside is that you cant have one way chats but thats why we have the PM system :) there are other options for chat such as the portal but i dont really like portals so i didnt use one and sought and alternative

for gallery there is the SMFGallery mod and that works well although it doesnt show a line of images across the top of every page the SMFGallery has its own page and you can place the images into different catagories and make only certain membergroups such as moderators etc to be able to authorize the uploads so you dont have any un-wanted images that may otherwise cause offence
Infernogaming | xxaidyukxx <- Aim just add me

Advertisement: