500 internal server error

Started by xsisonline, April 19, 2011, 06:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xsisonline

i am using smf 2.0 rc4
i just installed the mod share this and it asked me about the server details ... i just clicked proceed  to install the mod, but it all screwed up...
my site is showing 500 internal server error please tell me how to make it working..
i love my site and don't wan't to loose it at any cost....

Illori

i am guessing that your server does not 777 file permissions and you need to reset your permissions to 755 or less. take a look at How do I chmod? / what is chmod? for more information.

oOo--STAR--oOo

Quote from: xsisonline on April 19, 2011, 06:48:59 PM
i am using smf 2.0 rc4
i just installed the mod share this and it asked me about the server details ... i just clicked proceed  to install the mod, but it all screwed up...
my site is showing 500 internal server error please tell me how to make it working..
i love my site and don't wan't to loose it at any cost....

That is most probably an error in the coding of the new mod you installed.
It probably didn't go well with your current webpage.

If you have access to you php config files. You could enable all logging and it would give you the actual place the error exists, so you could go and correct that error.

On the other hand.. You could manually FTP to the files it has edited and UN-EDIT the edits it has made.
If you have backups just re-place the backups files you have over the ones that had been written to.
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

Illori

i dont think it has to do with installing the mod, i think it has to do with having to provide the "server details" which should have changed some file permissions.

Advertisement: