News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Subscription.php support

Started by colour, April 19, 2011, 11:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colour

So I set subscriptions up today and was wondering where I would find the page.
Reasons why
www.mysite.com works
www.mysite.com/subscriptions.php fails

I first thought it wasn't configured properly so I chmod to 775
I provide limited support as I am just as clueless as you.

Arantor

subscriptions.php is not used for configuring them; it's used by PayPal to notify your site that a subscription has been paid for.

If you're looking to configure them, Admin > Core Features, make sure Paid Subscriptions is turned on, then click on the 'Paid Subscriptions' title to get to its configuration.

colour

I was more or less looking for the url to where I would find the page so I can link it
I provide limited support as I am just as clueless as you.

Arantor

The link would be to your forum's index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions

Like on this forum, it's http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions (doesn't work if you're a non member though)

Tanks

After setting up the subscriptions you must go to your paypal account and turn on instant notifications (IPN)

Then give Paypal the url so it can contact your forum every time a payment has been made

www.mysite.com/subscriptions.php

Omen

jumping in on this. Would I have to create the subscriptions.php file myself? I know nothing of php really, so if I have to make it, is there an example somewhere?

Illori

it should exist in your smf install, and next time please open a separate topic for your issue.

Advertisement: