News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

ISSUE in 2.0 RC5 for me after changing forum from phpBB to SMF

Started by Hangover, April 20, 2011, 11:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangover

Hi all,

Previously we used to have phpBB forum. We completely removed the forum and the database and created new database and installed SMF 2.0 rc5 on it.

from the day I did it, I am not able to see smilies  :(

I did it from my office desktop.

But when I open the website at my home, I am able to see the smilies..

All the other don't have any problem.

I know that this is not related to SMF but for other SMF websites, like this I can see the smilies.

Can you suggest me some options that could go to?

If this is irrelevant section, please let me know the relevant one ... THANKS.

Illori

can you provide us a link to a post on your forum with a smiley in it so we can use that to try to help you debug this issue?

Hangover

hxxp:andhrakings.com/index.php?topic=739.0 [nonactive]

This link has the smilies in it.

Illori

check your theme settings and verify that the theme you are using is the same as your users and the smilies set for that theme are a set that is actually on your server. as a guest i can view the smilies just fine on that page.

Hangover

Quote from: Illori on April 20, 2011, 11:43:40 AM
check your theme settings and verify that the theme you are using is the same as your users and the smilies set for that theme are a set that is actually on your server. as a guest i can view the smilies just fine on that page.

even I can view the smilies for the same user from my home laptop.

only on my office desktop I can't see the smilies.

First I thought that imgs vere blocked in my office but not..

Illori

check what theme you are using in your profile make sure it is the same as everyone else.

Hangover

Hangover

Usually on the right hand side top, we have the small arrow which allows us to hide and unhide our profile name and status right?

I don't have that arrow

seems like a browser problem. but I reinstalled the browser completely and tried everybrowser.

do you know if I need to verify any other things?

Illori

what browser are you using that is showing all these issues? when you can not see the smilies if you get the properties what path does it show for them?

Hangover

Quote from: Illori on April 20, 2011, 11:53:52 AM
what browser are you using that is showing all these issues? when you can not see the smilies if you get the properties what path does it show for them?

no matter what browser I am using the issue is the same. But right now using Chrome.

I don't see any smilies or nothing . Below is the screenshot how it looks.

Illori

admin -> current theme show bbc buttons on posting and pm send pages, make sure this is checked.

Illori

then i dont know what is going on unless you are missing some javascript files or your browser is blocking it.

Hangover

Quote from: Illori on April 20, 2011, 12:15:52 PM
then i dont know what is going on unless you are missing some javascript files or your browser is blocking it.

ok i will check with javascript. do you know what files does smf need for this ?

Illori

Advertisement: