News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Peoplesign - Photo Captcha

Started by peoplesignDave, April 20, 2011, 12:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arillas

well, I have managed to download the whole forum and database to my local server ( pc) without changing anything and
It really works fine , its just on the server that I get this error.

arillas

Quote from: arillas on July 25, 2011, 06:17:28 PM
well, I have managed to download the whole forum and database to my local server ( pc) without changing anything and
It really works fine , its just on the server that I get this error.

I have contacted the hosting company
they say I have exceeded the database quota.
I did delete all the extra unnecessary data but I still get the message
: INSERT command denied to user '[user]'@'10.1.3.146' for table '[dbsetings]settings'
/www.[website]/smf/Sources/Subs.php

Cudamine

I have downloaded this mod, proceed to install it on my 1.1.14 board, but I get this after trying to upload:
The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted.

Any idea?...

Cudamine

catfished

I wish I could help, mine installed flawlessly on my 1.1.14 board. Hopefully peoplesignDave will pop in here since it's his mod.
You use and like this forum software? Then show your appreciation and support by becoming a Charter Member.

CatfishEd.com

catfished

Quote from: catfished on August 22, 2011, 12:50:35 PM
I wish I could help, mine installed flawlessly on my 1.1.14 board. Hopefully peoplesignDave will pop in here since it's his mod.

I guess peoplesignDave is on a hiatus or has given up altogether., Too bad, it's a great mod.
You use and like this forum software? Then show your appreciation and support by becoming a Charter Member.

CatfishEd.com

Galaxy Computers

I installed this mod last night,,, Spammers are still registering and by passing the image security how can that be?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Morris Technologies Computer Support Forum

catfished

Quote from: mtechama on August 25, 2011, 09:50:38 AM
I installed this mod last night,,, Spammers are still registering and by passing the image security how can that be?

I have no idea. It's been working great for me. Before I installed it I would get several bot registrations daily, now I get an occassional human spammer but not often. Perhaps something went wrong with your install?

CatfishEd.com

bruce86

catfished

CatfishEd.com

catfished

Well! I give up!! I'm still getting these errors in my forum error logs and Dave has never returned to help us. I guess it's another example of someone creating a mod and then deserting the support thread after awhile:-(
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member Guest
Today at 04:45:49 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 220.161.138.126    Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session bbe5f20df4d1be2f4329df75d9f39a9d
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://catfished.com/forum/index.php?action=register2
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message 8: Undefined index: registration_isDisabled
File: /home/catfish/public_html/forum/Sources/peoplesignClient.php
Line: 215

CatfishEd.com

Daniel Hofverberg

I would also love to know whatever happened to Dave. I haven't installed the mod yet and it seems very interesting, but I don't feel comfortable installing a mod which has been abandoned completely; especially considering the problems some people have had with it.

catfished

Quote from: Daniel Hofverberg on October 22, 2011, 08:55:01 AM
I would also love to know whatever happened to Dave. I haven't installed the mod yet and it seems very interesting, but I don't feel comfortable installing a mod which has been abandoned completely; especially considering the problems some people have had with it.

Actually, I haven't had any serious problems with the present version other than a few of those error messages. I believe Dave said they weren't serious but I'm a fussy guy, hate any error messages.

You might want to consider installing it and see how it goes. It certainly does gets rid of the spambots. The only spammers getting in are using humans to register and I haven't encountered many of those.

CatfishEd.com

catfished

Now, suddenly this morning I had about 75 spam signups between my two forums. Until this morning I was averaging about one every other day on them. It's as if the bots finally figured out how to break the code.

I'm also getting a lot of these errors this morning:

Today at 09:24:09 AM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address 89.169.64.215   Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session 47f60334a4ab4dedf82e8a53aca0fd8e
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL                         http://norcalcarpclub.com/forum/index.php?action=register
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message8: Undefined offset:  1
F
ile: /home/norcal/public_html/forum/Sources/peoplesignClient.php
Line: 562
I guess I'll have to give up! This and stop spammer was the only spam mod that I could figure out how to install. Now this no longer works so I can't use SMF anymore unless I want to spend all day deleting spambots. I wish someone could come up with a simple solution for this. All the other ones that work require a genius programmer type to figure out how to install properly and the guy that did this mod has disappeared  off the face of the earth.:-(

CatfishEd.com

catfished

Well, evidently I overreacted, everything went back to normal yesterday afternoon and has remained so. My guess is that the PeopleSign image gallery/database or whatever it is was down for a few hours yesterday morning.

It still would be nice if Dave or someone connected with PeopleSign would post here once in awhile so we would know that the mod is still being supported.

CatfishEd.com

dddphoto

Just recently I have been getting a lot of spam registrations so I checked and am getting this error message on the registration page:

ERROR: peoplesign clientCan't get socket to peoplesign host (Connection refused: [111]) ERROR: peoplesign clientpeoplesign is unavailble (serverUnreachable) peoplesign is unavailble

Can you tell me what the problem may be? I am running SMF 2.0.1 and the site is www.boisecameraclub.org/blog [nofollow]

catfished

Early yesterday morning their site went down so I started getting a bunch of spam registrations but it went back to normal later on yesterday morning. Other than that time frame, I have no idea as to what's causing your problem.

The guy that should be here answering your questions (peoplesigndave) hasn't been heard from in ages. It's a great mod but there is no support for it anymore. I wish someone would take it over.

CatfishEd.com

Galaxy Computers

Does anyone know if this mod will work for version 2.o.4 yet?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Galaxy Computers

Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Advertisement: