Started by inter, April 22, 2011, 04:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inter

Forum »
    Administration Center »
    Themes and Layout »
    Manage and Install »

Number of recent posts to display on board index:
To disable the recent posts bar set this value to zero.

Sorry my English  :P

How to do that instead of the latest messages display latest threads?

Sorry for my English

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Firstly, it is not in Manage & Install but in Current Theme.

Secondly, what do you actually want?

If you set zero (0) it will only show one latest post in the info center in your main forum (index) page. If you set it to ten (10), it will show ten latest post.

inter

I need To display the latest threads and not posts
Sorry for my English

Illori

there is no feature in smf to allow for just showing threads, you would need a mod. have you checked the mod site? if you dont see a mod there you can request one in the proper board.

Quote from: Inter on April 24, 2011, 05:17:36 AM
Now I get it. Try this mod to change recent post to recent topic/thread: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1314

And try this mod to put recent topic/thread on recent post page i.e. replace recent post: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1414

inter

Sorry for my English

Tell us if you have succeeded or simply mark this thread as solved.

snooks

Quote from: ahrasis on April 24, 2011, 11:24:01 AM
Quote from: Inter on April 24, 2011, 05:17:36 AM
Now I get it. Try this mod to change recent post to recent topic/thread: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1314

And try this mod to put recent topic/thread on recent post page i.e. replace recent post: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1414

Is there anything like these that work for 1.1.13 ? almost every mod i want wont work with my version  :(

Thanks

Illori

using version emulation you can install mods that are for similar versions on later versions.

snooks

Quote from: Illori on May 29, 2011, 05:54:56 PM
using version emulation you can install mods that are for similar versions on later versions.

Hi,

I have no idea what this does really i have installed it and i see "version of SMF to emulate" do i change this to my version 1.1.13 and save ? sorry i don't know what to do with it

Thanks

Illori

check what versions the mod will install on and set the emulation to that version and attempt to install it.

CapadY

Quote from: Illori on May 29, 2011, 05:54:56 PM
This will only work with the same branches.

SMF2.x MOD's can't be emulated in SMF1.x or vice versa.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

snooks

Before i try one let me just check, I download to my desktop a package that supports 1.1.x.....1.1.12.. 2R3/4/5 ect for exmaple the two links i quoted above and set in MY admin version of SMF to emulate to 1.1.13 then upload via packages ?
I understand you cannot emulate SMF2 mods but 1.1.12 i can so as above is that how i do this ?

btw i keep reading "Go into the package manager and click Advanced". i do not have a Advanced in package manager ? if i try and upload a .zip via package manager that supports as far as 1.1.12 then 2R4 ect (not 1.1.13 what i use) i get this error "The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted." so totally confused on how you use this emulate thing really

Ty

CapadY

Quote from: snooks on May 29, 2011, 05:23:21 PM

Is there anything like these that work for 1.1.13 ? almost every mod i want wont work with my version  :(

Thanks

Snooks, can you open your own topic ?
And then in the proper board ? (SMF1 support)

A question about SMF1 in the SMF2 support board is very confusing.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

snooks

Sorry will do excuse my mistake didn't realize it was SMF2 support thread

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi Inter, do you still need assistance with this or is this solved now? :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

inter

Sorry for my English

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: