News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Problems Logging in with IE

Started by hannah.love7, April 25, 2011, 11:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hannah.love7

A user reported this to me some time back when i was using RC3 , but since it was only one person i didn't take action. I have now upgraded to RC5 and I have someone else report the issue..

I have copied the users email to me .. it's the only real info i have on it as the problem doesn't replicate here. It's not a huge issue but i'd still like to fix it if anything jumps out as being easily fixable here.

"On and off for months now I've been trying to log in and each time without success !!!  I always end up being a guest. 

When I received this email I clicked on the link and reset my password (to the one I always use !) and it came back as said it was set successfully.  I then AGAIN tried to log in with Username and the newly set password but AGAIN it came back telling me that there was an error and to wait 2 minutes etc !!!!

Any thoughts/solutions to this problem would be appreciated..."

"I'm using Internet Explorer 8 and Vista on Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33Ghz with 8.0GB RAM with High speed broad band cable connected internet access."

"As a follow-up to my prior no luck still didn't work....it looks like the problem HAS to be related to the use of IE8 (which happens to be my preferred browser over using Firefox).

When I use Firefox version 3.6.13 it did allow me in ! "

I have a few mods installed:
admanagement
advanced rep
youtube
simpleportal
anti-spam links

But the problem was still present before any of these were installed... they have all been added recently (past few weeks).

No errors are showing in our logs for this user.

edit to add link incase it helps: www.donnaforex.com/forum

Sir Osis of Liver

There's at least one bug in the RC5 login that affects IE8, but it shouldn't be affecting your board. 

Try this -

Admin -> Server Settings -> Cookies and Sessions

Check both -

Enable local storage of cookies

Use subdomain independent cookies

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: