News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Urgent, as existing links aren't resolving: modification parse error, packagemgr

Started by Leemy, April 26, 2011, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leemy

I just upgraded from RC4 to RC5. On my test forum, I was able to upgrade and then reinstall pretty URLs, which manages every URL on my forum.

I just upgraded my production site, but when i try to install pretty urls (which is RC5 ready), I get this:

1.Execute ModificationSMF2-0/Sources.xmlModification parse error2.Execute ModificationSMF2-0/Sources.xmlModification parse error3.Execute ModificationSMF2-0/BoardsAndTopics.xmlModification parse error4.Execute ModificationSMF2-0/BoardsAndTopics.xmlModification parse error5.Execute ModificationSMF2-0/Themes.xmlModification parse error6.Execute ModificationSMF2-0/Themes.xmlModification parse error7.Execute Modification./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.phpTest successful8.Extract File./Sources/PrettyUrls.php9.Extract File./Sources/PrettyUrls-Filters.php10.Extract File./Sources/PrettyUrls-Tests.php11.Extract File./Sources/Subs-PrettyUrls.php12.Extract File./Themes/default/PrettyUrls.template.php13.Extract Tree./Themes/default/pretty14.Extract File./Themes/default/languages/PrettyUrls.english.php15.Adapt DatabaseSMF2-0/install.php

I looked for support on the modification's thread, but I was pointed here, saying its a package manager issue. I tried creating a temp folder w/ 777. no help. Please advise?!

Leemy

Update: I discussed with my host, they said the temp file was set to owner "nobody"; they fixed that and I set it to 777 and it installed.

Do I have to create a temp folder as a workaround for every mod installation?

kat

It's not a work around.

That temp directory should be there.

This should stop it disappearing, if that's your problem.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=724

QuoteThis Mod removes package managers deleting of the temp directory in package manager but still allows it to clear it out.
This mod is not needed for everyone. Some hosts have problems with php creating and removing directories. This mod attempts to fix this problem by removing pack manager's directory deletion code on the temp directory. Which means that future mods will you will not need to create the temp directory again.

Leemy

Illori

it is not a bug, if you check that mod works on both 1.1.12 and 2.0 RC4, if it was a bug the developers would work to fix it and not approve a mod to work around an issue.

kat

If I read the gumph correctly, some mod installs actually delete the temp directory, when the install's finished, for some reason.

I don't know, for sure, but I get the impression that it was the way things were done, originally.

Oddly enough, I have fifty-odd mods on my site and I don't have a temp directory and never have.

Never had any problems, either, with that.

Weird, huh?

Illori

i bet permissions on your server allow smf to create and delete that folder as needed. next time you install a mod log into your ftp account while it is installing and i bet you will see one.

Leemy

Quote from: Illori on April 27, 2011, 04:56:11 PM
i bet permissions on your server allow smf to create and delete that folder as needed. next time you install a mod log into your ftp account while it is installing and i bet you will see one.
agreed. as i stepped slowly through the package manager, i saw smf check for that temp folder every single step (before mod code was run). now, i think i have an issue on my server, otherwise smf would create and delete that folder at each step

Advertisement: