News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Some how I was hacked

Started by mikeymx5, April 27, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeymx5

I have a custom profile field for Phone number but I noticed that everyone had the same phone number. Come to find out it is a scam number.

I not sure when this happened but when new users sign up they also get this phone number.

Can anyone point me in a direction of where to look to fix this?

kat

Pure guess, this.

Check out index.php, in the root of your forum.

Is the very first line:

<?php

and the very last line:

?>

If not, they should be. :)

mikeymx5

Checking that now... What ever is doing it is injecting it when you edit your profile... I cannot change my number on my profile it is stuck.

mikeymx5

Illori

what makes you think this is a hack attempt and not a very smart spammer? is this happening to valid users or just those that could be a spammer?

mikeymx5

So I have a phone number field that Ur club uses to contact its members... everyone that filled in a 7 digit phone number was changed to 2147483647

I noticed this when I did a membership report last month. I knew we had a problem when my own number had been changed.

After a quick google search I found out it was a common scammer number.

I dont know how they did it so this worries me! I dont want to restore information and have it hacked again. Also i dont want my users information to be public.

Illori

have you asked your host to look into this? they may be able to tell more about what went on. you might also want to look into changing all your passwords just in case that was used to do this.

Advertisement: