Backup [phpmyadmin]

Started by Groovy™, April 28, 2011, 01:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groovy™

I could not quite clear what you need to tick and what to backup when you un tick over phpmyadmin, here's a picture from phpmyadmin ....

Thanks in advance
clearly

NanoSector

Why don't you do a backup via the admin panel...
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Groovy™

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on April 28, 2011, 01:55:59 PM

I've done, but when I had to do import, you did not want ... to report some bugs .... I prefer to work through phpmyadmin

NanoSector

Quote from: Groovy™ on April 28, 2011, 01:58:20 PM
Quote from: Yoshi2889 on April 28, 2011, 01:55:59 PM

I've done, but when I had to do import, you did not want ... to report some bugs .... I prefer to work through phpmyadmin
Huh...The Admin Panel will take a perfect backup for you, which works with the most recent phpMyAdmin version...
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Illori

the admin panel is know to not always do a complete backup and it is recommended to not use it. i have even heard some developers talk about removing it in the future because of this.

Groovy™

No, I will do more back-up via admin panel ... only through phpmyadmin because I already had a problem when import data to the server .... if you can help me what do I need to flag when ekporta via phpmyadmin

NanoSector

Quote from: Groovy™ on April 28, 2011, 02:12:37 PM
No, I will do more back-up via admin panel ... only through phpmyadmin because I already had a problem when import data to the server .... if you can help me what do I need to flag when ekporta via phpmyadmin
What happens when you just click "Ok" when having that info?

Groovy™

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on April 28, 2011, 02:18:26 PM
Quote from: Groovy™ on April 28, 2011, 02:12:37 PM
What happens when you just click "Ok" when having that info?

Now nothing, but when you import a blank database, throw a lot of mistakes ...

IchBin™

Those settings should work just fine. I've always exported using default settings unless I needed something specific.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Dream Portal

I've had problems with backing up through admin panel. It also seems to cut short. For now, I think via phpmyadmin is the best route.

Advertisement: