Problem installing Packages

Started by XiFiCt69, April 29, 2011, 07:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XiFiCt69

QuoteSorry about my English, but I'm from Spain, and on the Español (Spanish) support won't replied on my topic...

Hello,

On my website I use Wordpress as a portal, and Simple Machines (2.0 RC5) as a community. Wordpress is in the root directory, and the Simple Machines on "/foros/" directory, on the same root. I do the next steps...

- I upload a database to the SQL server (Of an installation of SMF 2.0 RC5)
- I upload a new installation package  of Simple Machines (2.0 RC5)
- I stablish 777 permissions on attachments, avatars, cache, Packages, Themes, agreement.txt, Settings.php and Settings.php.bak
- I do a new installation on the same datable (For conserve the members, categories/forums and topics/posts)

Well done, but here's the problem! When I try to install a Package, on all the fields say "success", and then I install the Package. When the system says to me that the Package is installed, the Simple Machines still being same. I've tried with Simple Portal, PortaMX and the BB code of YouTube, and same problem on that three Packages. Worst of all is when I try to uninstall anyone of that Packages, at the steps says a lot of errors, so I check files with Notepad ++, and the files are same than the original files from Simple Machines. As I say; The Packages don't install on my Simple Machines. I've tried...

- Stablish permissions 777 to the "/foros/" directory
- Create "temp" directory on Packages and stablish 777 permissions

Any suggestions? Thanks a lot in advance!

kat

First suggestion:

Create a directory, inside "Packages", named "temp"and CHMOD that to 777.

Any better?

Illori

Quote from: XiFiCt69 on April 29, 2011, 07:53:25 AM
- Create "temp" directory on Packages and stablish 777 permissions

* Illori hands K@ some reading glasses

XiFiCt69

Quote from: K@ on April 29, 2011, 08:02:09 AM
First suggestion:

Create a directory, inside "Packages", named "temp"and CHMOD that to 777.

Any better?

I did it, and don't work.

Illori

did you chmod your sources folder as well as the files in it? How do I chmod? / what is chmod?

XiFiCt69

So what permissions I should give to Sources and their files? Thank you! :D

Alexchris

I am experiencing the exact same thing. As well as XiFi, I've set 777 permissions to the packages folder, created a temp file and still no chages. I'm using 2.0 RC5, english and default theme.

kat

Meh. Missed that.

Have a natter with your host and make sure you have FULL OWNERSHIP of the files on your site.

If you don't understand that, don't worry. Your host will. :)

Illori

Alexchris it would be easier for us, if you keep to your existing topic, this way we can make sure all support you need does not get mixed up with others, your request here may get lost.

XiFiCt69

@ K@ - Yes, I'm FULL OWNERSHIP.

@ Illori -
QuoteSo what permissions I should give to Sources and their files? Thank you! :D

Alexchris

I assumed that since there's an open topic on the exact same issue I'm having I could participate...

Illori

did you look at the link in the post a few above? it gives you an idea of what permissions you can use.

XiFiCt69

Yes, I read. But when I put 777 permissions to Sources and his files, the SMF won't charge (index.php is a blank page). :'(

That's the reason what I'm asking for permissions...

Illori

as that page says try other permissions, you could try 755 or 775.

XiFiCt69

I will try. If works or not I will reply again. Thanks for your support! :P

XiFiCt69

Doesn't work. I've tried 775 and 755 permissions.

EDIT: I think it's problem from the PortaMX and SimplePortal Package, cause YouTube BB code installed successfully...

Advertisement: