News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Youtube embed is not working

Started by rubix123, April 30, 2011, 07:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubix123

Youtube embed is not working and I have aeva media installed. When posting a video link it just replaces that with the title of the video after posting.

Example: http://metal-mecca.com/index.php?topic=462.0

How can I fix this?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Have you made sure the video is allowed to be embedded?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

rubix123

I have the latest Aeva media installed and have made no setting changes. All I want is to have youtube videos play. Aeva media was installed before I updated my SMF to RC5. So I uninstalled it and installed the latest Aeva media. Would videos posted before Aeva media was installed work?

Illori

you might get better help if you post in the support thread for this mod.

Alison Black

LOL, you have no idea how much trouble I had to work this one out. Depending on how much you pay for your web hosting service, you usually cannot actually post the video on the forum itself. But you can link the video. Have a look at one of my forums to see how they look and if your happy to them being like this, then follow these simple instructions.

All you need to do is install "Simple Audio Video Embedder" which you can get and install from the SMF Mods website.

Once you install it or a similar mod, access it's settings from the Admin menu, and it should have it's own tab, if not look for it and make sure you have YouTube selected and save it, if you wish to add YouTube videos. Then go to that video on YouTube and keep Double clicking on it until you keep getting the same location, then just copy the website URL and paste it into the forum area you want to show the video, it doesn't need any other words except the website address, and save it, then load that page and the vieo should appear to play.

I can easily help if you want to add the videos and i don;t need any admin access to do it, just being able to make a post, but if you need help to install the mod, then I can still help you, just ask. Only thing is, for me to setup the mod, I will need admin access for a couple of minutes. Also i will only work while your online, and while I am able to voice chat or at the least text chat on skype/msn/yahoo etc. I like to be ale to explain the process in real time so your able to repeat it without having to rely on anyone else. Once I show you I will delete my post and let you make yours, so you have it listed under your name for the posting name, then you can delete my profile. I have a lot of respect for hard work and I have got to be one of the most decent and helpful people there are.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Nothing personal Alison Black, but your reply made absolutely no sense to me what so ever. It had most nothing to do with the question, and offered no direct resolution to the problem. I'm near tempted to remove it all together...
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: rubix123 on April 30, 2011, 09:01:41 PM
I have the latest Aeva media installed and have made no setting changes. All I want is to have youtube videos play. Aeva media was installed before I updated my SMF to RC5. So I uninstalled it and installed the latest Aeva media. Would videos posted before Aeva media was installed work?
Ok, sorry my last response was so generic - I was on a phone, and didn't get to see how your site looked like.
It seems to me, that it reserves the space for the video correctly, so something gets loaded - but it never shows the video. Correct?
I also made sure at least one of those videos is allowed to be embedded ( the embed code is available on YT ), so that's not the reason.

Now, you do have much going on there. Custom themes, toolbars etc. that may have an effect on this.
Have you tried asking in the mods own support topic, or over at Noisen? Other than that, you might want to try if it works with Curve instead of your default theme, and if it does then it's probably something in your theme causing it.
Also you might want to see to these http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fmetal-mecca.com%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D462.0&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

ishy

Youtube changed  the format of their links, which has made it not work on the embedders. The new update of Aeva Media has been updated to make it work, but the not the lite version.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: ishy on May 02, 2011, 07:19:18 AM
Youtube changed  the format of their links, which has made it not work on the embedders. The new update of Aeva Media has been updated to make it work, but the not the lite version.
Nope, the actual URL still works - It's just the youtu.be Quick links that won't work - but this issue has nothing to do with that as far as I can see.
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Dave Busters

What does Lex mean by video is allowed to be embedded? I downloaded the Aeva media 1.4w and uploaded but nothing happened. How come I can't post youtube videos either?

Illori

please use the mods support thread for mod related questions. also this thread belongs to someone else so please start a separate one for your issue, in this case rather post in the mods support thread.

Dave Busters

I don't know where the mod support thread is. Nor did I know this was a mod-related question. And I didn't see the point of starting a new thread when the OP and I have the same problem. Where is this mod support thread?

Advertisement: