News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Login Forever does not work after site transfer

Started by parma182, April 30, 2011, 08:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parma182

I know there are topics on this and I searched extensively.  I couldn't find a solution.

I just had to move my forum to a new host and after working out all the other kinks, the Forever option for login is not working.  It's not the browser because it worked fine on the old site.  I'm using an addon domain and a redirect to the forum which is stored in a subdirectory (I don't want my personal site url up there when we have a domain name for this separate site).

What I think might be causing an issue is that when entering the URL: hxxp:tgpguild.net [nonactive] it shows hxxp:rfparma.com/tgpguild [nonactive] - where the site is stored.  Upon logging in it changes to the addon domain - tgpguild.net.  I don't know a lot about this stuff, but it sounds like that might be causing an issue with the cookie and I don't know how to fix it.

Another peculiar thing is that when I logged onto the test account I made for this post and simply close the browser without logging out, it will ask me to login in again.  When I enter my main account's info, it still has the test account logged in.  I have to physically Logout to be able to log back onto a different account.

I hope I've articulated my problem well enough, thanks in advance!

Here's the test info:

tgpguild.net
User/pass:  test123/test123

MC73

I tried it and it logged in good and fast for me .... so it didnt do anything wrong as far as i saw it .... try deleting the cookies and all on your browser, just for the heck of it.
Over 1100 Online Flash Games 

parma182

Thanks for the reply, just checking back in to say I have it figured out.  Turns out it was a completely unrelated problem so I really can't even post a solution. 

Thanks.

Baby Daisy

There are settings in Server Settings that allow you to configure how cookies are dealt with. Perhaps tinker with these (local, global, etc) and see if they resolve your problem
あなたは私のお尻にキスするとき、私はそれを愛する

Advertisement: