News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Help With permissions

Started by robmob, May 02, 2011, 04:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robmob

Hi I have the smf 2.0 rc5  on my forums . I just turned on the paid subscriber membership and made a paid subscriber member group. I was wondering how I can make topics that everyone can see and reply to  but only paid subscribers can make new topics in it .? Can some one help me out with this please Thanks

Spoogs

Create a permission profile... Admin>> Members>> Permissions>> Edit Profiles
Set the permissions the way you want for each group, then assign the profile to the board you want to use it on.

robmob

Quote from: Spoogs on May 02, 2011, 04:16:48 PM
Create a permission profile... Admin>> Members>> Permissions>> Edit Profiles
Set the permissions the way you want for each group, then assign the profile to the board you want to use it on.

I tried this and i am not understanding How to get it to work ....

Spoogs

Did you create the permission profile?

robmob

Quote from: Spoogs on May 02, 2011, 04:23:27 PM
Did you create the permission profile?

yes i created the profile subscriber

Spoogs

Now when you go back to Admin>> Members>> Permissions>> Edit Profile... click the name of the permission you created 'subscriber'
You will be shown a list of all membergroups, go ahead and edit the permission to what you want them to be.

Once you have done that, go to Admin>> Forum>> Boards>> Modify Boards.... click modify next to the board you want to use this permission on... look for 'Permission Profile:' change that to 'subscriber'

Spoogs

Actually here is an easier way to do this... since you've already created the permission profile
Enable post moderation if it's not already enabled Admin>> Configuration>> Core Features... enable Post Moderation (click save)

Now go to Admin>> Members>> Permissions>> Post Moderation... look for "Change Profile:" (it's on the right) change it to the profile you created 'subscribers'... now change the options, in the first column is 'New Topics'... you can select who can create new topics and who can't... once you're done change the permission profile of the board as I explained above

robmob

Quote from: Spoogs on May 02, 2011, 04:28:33 PM
Now when you go back to Admin>> Members>> Permissions>> Edit Profile... click the name of the permission you created 'subscriber'
You will be shown a list of all membergroups, go ahead and edit the permission to what you want them to be.

Once you have done that, go to Admin>> Forum>> Boards>> Modify Boards.... click modify next to the board you want to use this permission on... look for 'Permission Profile:' change that to 'subscriber'

Thanks a  lot got it to  work. ;D

Spoogs

Advertisement: