News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

No Permission to Access index.php, 404 Error

Started by shin111, May 04, 2011, 03:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shin111

Lately I've been getting the following error:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

---

The error only occurs when one tries to post a long post with a lot of text. Shorter posts go through fine.

I'm wondering if there's some sort of timeout going on I don't know about, that the longer posts take too long with, but I really have no clue at all. Any ideas?

SMF 1.1.13

Baby Daisy

What kind of hosting are you using? What's your configuration?
あなたは私のお尻にキスするとき、私はそれを愛する

shin111

At the moment I'm using Webhostingpad as the provider.

php config:

max_execution_time       120
max_input_time       120
memory_limit       128M

Apache version    2.2.16
PHP version    5.2.14

SlammedDime

SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

shin111

Thanks for the suggestion! Nope tho, gave it a try, not a fixit.

Baby Daisy

You may need to increase the values of the MySQL wait_timeout and connect_timeout settings, I'm not sure. Something strange is going on at a level that SMF isn't replying at. You're better off asking your hosting service how to proceed rather than Simple Machines.

mod_security could certainly be the reason, ask your host about it (again).
あなたは私のお尻にキスするとき、私はそれを愛する

Oldiesmann

PHP and MySQL timeout limits would not cause 403 errors - those would cause Internal Server Errors instead.

Can you post a link to your phpinfo file? It could be mod_security, or possibly Suhosin (a security-related PHP extension).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

shin111

Oldiesmann

I don't see anything in phpinfo that would be causing it. It's possibly a server setting that specifies how long scripts can execute before they're killed, though those usually generate Internal Server Error messages and not 403 Forbidden messages. I'd suggest talking to your host to see if they can help.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

shin111

Advertisement: