I need to move my forum to a different folder(directory)

Started by winky100, May 03, 2011, 07:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winky100

I found out you cannot just move your forum from one directory(folder) to another.

Is their an easy way to move a forum from one folder to another folder and have it work in the new location?

Suki

Yes,  you will need to copy all your files and folders from the old location to the new one, then you will need to run repair_settings What is repair_settings.php?

to change the paths and urls :)
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

winky100

I did what you said and it worked very well except for one thing.

I had a custom theme installed and the repair settings was not able to repair that theme (it still thinks it is in a different folder i think)

What is the proper way to fix that theme? Delete it and reinstall it?

ARG01

If you have all of the custom theme files then yes, just delete the theme and re-install it.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Suki

You can delete and reinstall that theme again, just keep in mind that if you have mods you will lose all the changes made to that theme by the mods.

Or you can go to   admin / configuration /  current theme      (if you actually using this theme right now)  and change the paths and urls from there

or go to  Admin / configuration / Themes and Layout / Themes Settings / Reset Theme URLs and Directories

And you can change the path and url from there too.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

winky100

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on May 04, 2011, 12:33:21 PM
You can delete and reinstall that theme again, just keep in mind that if you have mods you will lose all the changes made to that theme by the mods.

Or you can go to   admin / configuration /  current theme      (if you actually using this theme right now)  and change the paths and urls from there

or go to  Admin / configuration / Themes and Layout / Themes Settings / Reset Theme URLs and Directories

And you can change the path and url from there too.

Thanks. Good info.

Suki

OK, I will mark this as solved, feel free to marked as unsolved if you have more questions or your problem hasn't been resolved.

Advertisement: