Apache 2.0 Support?

Started by panormp, July 23, 2005, 11:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panormp

Hello,
I'm planning to add a forum to a site and i wanted to use smf but unfortunately my web host is using apache 2.0 and I'm getting some error messages.
I was wondering if you were planning to release a patch for smf in order to work correctly with apache 2.0.

Sorry for my terrible English. It's not my native language.

[Unknown]

I *run* SMF on Apache 2.0, and I know multiple people who do the same.  In fact, on Windows, I strongly recommend the use of Apache 2 instead of 1.3.

What problems are you encountering?

-[Unknown]

TLM

What kind of errors are you getting, for I have no problems running on Apache 2.0.54/PHP 4.4.0/MySQL 4.0.24 on my test server.

panormp

Thanks for the replies. I'm using smf 1.05. On my computer i have apache 2.0 and smf works great. But on my web host that has plesk and apache 2.0 it doesn't work very well. Every time when i'm going to use package manager (even for installing the php 4.4.0 update) it sais that the package is corrupted. When i try to download a package from the administration interface it sais that the package manager couldn't connect to the server and i have to use an external link. Also when i'm on administration interface on ''Edit Features and Options" if i click to a category like ''Layout and Options'' or ''Avatars'' i get permission denied errors.

I changed the chmod properties for every folder and file to 777 but the problem remains. I have uploaded a phptest file to check the php configuration. it's at www.petrousoftware.com/phptest.php [nofollow] Installation was completed successfully, there are no errors in the error log. Is there something else that I can do to fix it?

Thanks

panormp

Tony Reid

I would check the ownership of the files and also try re-uploading ModSettings.php and try and see if that exact error occurs again.

Tony Reid

panormp

Quote from: Tony on July 24, 2005, 04:50:12 PM
I would check the ownership of the files and also try re-uploading ModSettings.php and try and see if that exact error occurs again.

I tried that, but the problems remain.
On my previous web host they had cpanel and apache 1.3 and the forum was working perfectly but my new web host has plesk and apache 2.0.
Any other suggestions?

Tony Reid

Its certainly not Apache 2 or Plesk causing this problem.

Its more likely a file upload/permission issue - although which one I'm not sure :)

Tony Reid

panormp

Quote from: Tony on July 24, 2005, 05:48:32 PM
Its certainly not Apache 2 or Plesk causing this problem.

Its more likely a file upload/permission issue - although which one I'm not sure :)

How can i check / fix this?

Advertisement: