Hide boards from membergroups...

Started by analog56x, May 04, 2011, 03:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

analog56x

Maybe im just not doing it right, but ive been playing around with membergroups and permissions for EVER now...

ive been getting a helluva lotta spam bots signing up on the forum, and i think i finally got that dealt with via captcha or whatever its called...

ANYWAYS...

what i want to do is have a custom membergroup (Temp) that, when a person registers, gets assigned to. This membergroup shouldnt be allowed to see any posts or topics in any other boards, except the "Introductions" board. upon introducing themselves, ill move them from Temp to a regular member.

Thank you!

CapadY

For each separate board you can select which usergroups are allowed to use them. Make sure the Temp group have only acces to the Introducing board.

Because all your members always are in the usergroup "Regular members" by default, make sure regular members are also locked out from all boards except the Introducing board.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Illori

you would also need to enable a permission profile for that user group for all your boards if they are visible so that they can view and not be able to post to all but the one board.

analog56x

Ok, thanks guys :) i got the temp group setup so they cant post in any forum except the introductions, but now im wondering how i can prevent them from seeing the other boards? i cant figure this part out...

CapadY

If you removed the Temp group from the grouplist of that specific board Temp-group members woouldn't see that board.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

analog56x

its been a LONG time since ive messed around with my forum, but i FINALLY figured it out...

one more thing related to this... how do i get the forum to put new members in the temporary membergroup upon signing up? i downloaded a mod that did this, but it disappeared when i upgraded to RC5, and now i guess its not capatable cause i cant reinstall it...

Thanks again everyone!

-=EDIT=-

ok, i just set the temporary membergroup to postcount to 0 for it to take effect. seems to have worked! thanks for the help!

Advertisement: