Copyright removed message problem, HELP!

Started by crackatown, May 04, 2011, 04:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crackatown

I am getting the same issue in 2.0 RC5. The copyright is very much there, I have tried changing themes etc. My index file does define the:
$forum_version = 'SMF 2.0 RC5';

Illori

split from http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=427440, please open separate topics for each issue, it is easier for support staff to track that way.

can you provide a link to your forum so we can see the issue ourselves?

Illori

some or most of your themes language files are missing, please verify they are all updated to /Themes/default/languages

ARG01

Also, can you attach your index.template.php file?  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Illori

ARG01

Why? Well I figured that I would take a look and see if the copyright code was completely in tact since he added footer links. Just offering assistance. You know, the same reason why anyone else would ask.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Illori

well i would wait on that and see if adding the language files fixes the issues as many strings are not showing up elsewhere in the theme.

crackatown

Updated English, do I need to update anything else?

Illori

if that is the only language you have then no, does that fix your problem?

crackatown

No. I still gives me the message.

What was weird is that the forum was working for days like this, I really didn't change anything and this happened. They only thing I did was import the database from a second forum and overwrite the boards?

Is there some stored value that would need updating maybe?

Illori

can you verify in the admin panel under languages that you are using english and not english-uft8?

crackatown

The forum is completely locked down I can't do anything.

If that isn't supposed to happen then I can tell you what the problem might be. My forum nav bar, all the little functions, and theme_copyright aren't loading. But I didn't change anything, it just started happening.

Illori

started happening after doing what? and in what way is the forum locked down?

crackatown

I was just adding boards and all of a sudden it happened. I didn't add any code or anything like that.

The forum is locked down in the sense that the nav bar links are gone, all the boards and little functions throughout the site are gone. The code for the copyright is there, but it won't display.

crackatown

// Show the "Powered by" and "Valid" logos, as well as the copyright. Remember, the copyright must be somewhere!
echo '
<div id="sm_copyright" style="display:block; float:left; clear:both;">
<ul class="reset">
<li class="copyright">',theme_copyright(),'</li>
<li><a id="button_xhtml" href="http://validator.w3.org/check/referer" target="_blank" class="new_win" title="', $txt['valid_xhtml'], '"><span>', $txt['xhtml'], '</span></a></li>
', !empty($modSettings['xmlnews_enable']) && (!empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) || $context['user']['is_logged']) ? '<li><a id="button_rss" href="' . $scripturl . '?action=.xml;type=rss" class="new_win"><span>' . $txt['rss'] . '</span></a></li>' : '', '
<li class="last"><a id="button_wap2" href="', $scripturl , '?wap2" class="new_win"><span>', $txt['wap2'], '</span></a></li>
</ul>';

echo '
</div>
<div id="crip_copyright">
<b>Black Head</b> by, <a href="http://www.jpr62.com/theme/" target="_blank" class="new_win" title="">Crip</a>
</div>';

Illori

try adding index.php?action=admin;area=languages; to your url and see if you can access your admin panel, and see what it says for languages installed and default.

crackatown

I figured out what's going on. I had the second forum in a different folder on my server. I imported the database and changed what I thought were all the locations for stuff. I didn't change the default folder location, so when I deleted the other forum from my web server, it now "doesn't have access" to the default theme.

It won't let me access the admin panel, and nothing displays anyway. There must be a place in the database where the theme urls are saved. Where is that?

Illori

run this and it will allow you to fill in the new urls What is repair_settings.php? if this solves your problem please click the mark topic solved link on the bottom of this page.

ARG01

If that doesn't work try replacing the code you posted with this:
// Show the "Powered by" and "Valid" logos, as well as the copyright. Remember, the copyright must be somewhere!
echo '
<div id="sm_copyright" style="display:block; float:left; clear:both;">
<ul class="reset">
<li class="copyright">',theme_copyright(),'</li>
<li><a id="button_xhtml" href="http://validator.w3.org/check/referer" target="_blank" class="new_win" title="', $txt['valid_xhtml'], '"><span>', $txt['xhtml'], '</span></a></li>
', !empty($modSettings['xmlnews_enable']) && (!empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) || $context['user']['is_logged']) ? '<li><a id="button_rss" href="' . $scripturl . '?action=.xml;type=rss" class="new_win"><span>' . $txt['rss'] . '</span></a></li>' : '', '
<li class="last"><a id="button_wap2" href="', $scripturl , '?wap2" class="new_win"><span>', $txt['wap2'], '</span></a></li>
</ul>';
</div>';

echo '
<div id="crip_copyright">
<b>Black Head</b> by, <a href="http://www.jpr62.com/theme/" target="_blank" class="new_win" title="">Crip</a>
</div>';

Advertisement: