email fail when registering new member

Started by Michael Oldman, May 04, 2011, 11:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Oldman

Hi,
First of all thanks for great software!

I have just installed SMF 2 RC5
Installation went without a hitch.

We have a problem when registering new members by administration. When an administrator adds a new member we get this error: "The email template "admin_register_activate" could not be found."

If the user tries to login with the newly created account, they get informed that the account must be activated, and when they select "Need another activation email?" it gets sent as expected.

Thanks in advance for help.

Chas Large

Sorry for the delay, I can confirm that this error is present. I'll check the Bugtracker.

Just remembered that this is most likely to be a language issue. Please see this topic.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=363330.0

Hopefully it will be resolved for later releases ;)

If this solves the problem then please mark this topic as solved.

My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Illori

can you explain how you duplicated this issue? looking in the files the template is found in EmailTemplates.english.php

'admin_register_activate' => array(
/*
@additional_params:
USERNAME: The user name for the member receiving the email.
ACTIVATIONLINK:  The url link to activate the member's account.
ACTIVATIONLINKWITHOUTCODE: The url to the page where the activation code can be entered.
ACTIVATIONCODE: The activation code.
@description:
*/
'subject' => 'Welcome to {FORUMNAME}',
'body' => 'Thank you for registering at {FORUMNAME}. Your username is {USERNAME} and your password is {PASSWORD}.

Before you can login, you must first activate your account by selecting the following link:

{ACTIVATIONLINK}

Should you have any problems with the activation, please visit {ACTIVATIONLINKWITHOUTCODE} and enter the code "{ACTIVATIONCODE}".

{REGARDS}',
),

Chas Large

Quote from: Illori on May 18, 2011, 07:15:17 AM
can you explain how you duplicated this issue? looking in the files the template is found in EmailTemplates.english.php

'admin_register_activate' => array(
/*
@additional_params:
USERNAME: The user name for the member receiving the email.
ACTIVATIONLINK:  The url link to activate the member's account.
ACTIVATIONLINKWITHOUTCODE: The url to the page where the activation code can be entered.
ACTIVATIONCODE: The activation code.
@description:
*/
'subject' => 'Welcome to {FORUMNAME}',
'body' => 'Thank you for registering at {FORUMNAME}. Your username is {USERNAME} and your password is {PASSWORD}.

Before you can login, you must first activate your account by selecting the following link:

{ACTIVATIONLINK}

Should you have any problems with the activation, please visit {ACTIVATIONLINKWITHOUTCODE} and enter the code "{ACTIVATIONCODE}".

{REGARDS}',
),

It's a language file error. I use English_British and the template is NOT in the English_British e-mail template file. See link above.

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Illori

since the op did not mention a language other then english it made it a bit harder to figure out where the issue is.

Chas Large

I know that hence my original reply that I would check the bug tracker. Then I did a search and found my original report of a bug from way back in RC3 that has obviously been overlooked and the missing code has been carried forward in future releases of the English_British Language files. Doesn't bode well for us Brits does it :(

You'll also note in my reply that I said "it is most likely to be a language issue" which hopefully will prompt the OP to tell us more.

I have just checked my two English Language E-mail template files and from line 124 they're quite different.

Advertisement: