News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

OK, not entirely new.

Started by Mike1158, May 06, 2011, 04:20:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike1158

I have a problem with identifying pukka members from idiots.  These days the idiots (spammers) will tend to open multiple new memberships and make the last into a firewall of some kind.  As I can only 'see' the newest member I have to search through the membership list to find the spammers (morons/chickenmanure artist's).  It is about time All NEW MEMBERS WERE LISTABLE.  I cannot see why only the last member to join is viewable at a time when proffesional spamming organisations (phillipines/china mostly) are on the increase.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;start=0 ?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Mike1158

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It's the URL to your memberlist sorted by registration date ;)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Mike1158

Sorry, not sure what to do with that, I am not a coder and have no clue.  Thanks for the help mate.  I think I'll have to look into the by date function in the option box a bit further.  Hopefully it can do what I need.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

What I was trying to point out, is that you can already sort members by their registration date with ease - so even though the front page only shows the latest, it's not hard to find every member that registered today, or in the past 2 days, since the memberlist is sortable by registration date ;)

For example:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;start=0;desc ;)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: