SMF 2.0 Update Part Last

Started by [SiNaN], May 05, 2011, 07:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert.

QuoteBesides, how I use my time is ultimately my choice. I'm merely a volunteer here and I have no obligation to work on SMF. I'll spend time on SMF as much as I want and as long as I enjoy.
+1

sharks

Quote from: [SiNaN] on June 05, 2011, 04:38:45 AM
The other bugs in the tracker were marked as "not release critical".
That's new info on the behind-the-scenes development, which means it's really going to happen in the coming days. :) Watch out folks!

Quote from: [SiNaN] on June 05, 2011, 04:38:45 AM
Besides, how I use my time is ultimately my choice. I'm merely a volunteer here and I have no obligation to work on SMF. I'll spend time on SMF as much as I want and as long as I enjoy.
LOL. That's definitely not the way i meant it. It was just a passing remark, as i'm myself an aspiring anime addict, at least i try to sacrifice as much time as possible to that hobby. I was going through some of the new anime series of 2011 and was surprised to see SiNaN's username pop up. It's not a common username to my knowledge, so it was more of a pleasant surprise than anything else.

semyon19

Why Aaron is not core developer of SMF at this time?

Robert.

Quote from: semyon19 on June 05, 2011, 05:21:09 AM
Why Aaron is not core developer of SMF at this time?
Aaron left in April 2010 :(

Antechinus

He left for health reasons.

ETA: And yes, afaik he's ok at the moment. I still talk to him sometimes.

A11214576266

Gadget Boy

so any chances that it will get released by this week
For Mobile, Pc related discussions and softwares
Visit--
http://forum.mobilegearz.com/

~DS~

Quote from: Gadget Boy on June 05, 2011, 12:03:31 PM
so any chances that it will get released by this week
There is no ETA so it will be out when it's ready. It could be today, it could tomorrow, it could be months, it could take years.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

trebul

I feel sorry for the team they always get pestered. Everyone take slow deep breaths, close your eyes, and relax and be patient. :P

Anyways it's good to see that 2.0 final is near, thanks for all your hard work! :)

Love talking about pets?
      Visit a friendly pet forum!

Looking for tips to running a forum?
      Trebul's community guide

dasilvatwins

Quote from: ~DS~ on June 05, 2011, 12:10:36 PM
it could be months, it could take years.

No surprise there then.  ::)

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That's not exactly true - it should be soon, not weeks or months.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

eric1234

I see. Since Sinan already said that , the main bugs has been fixed by yesterday, i believe it will release in this few days as they need times to test it. :) Sinan, i am opening an anime website with a forum too. :) Please support my site as well. :P Thank you. :) 

Sharks, i did welcome you to join too ^^

eric1234

May i know currently there're how many core developer in SMF? I will be going for software engineering degree, hopefully, in future, i will able to help SMF out. :)

WhiteEagle

* WhiteEagle looks forward to the final release of 2.0!
I fold for team 52482. Do you Fold@Home?
SMF powered sites: Leet Link LeetSpace.com

Madzgo

XtcruleZ

To all the people saying "be patient" and "it will be done when its done": The reason for our impatience is because for as long as i can remember, whenever we asked when it will be done, we were told the holdup was getting the final signatures in place for the transfer. There are countless threads on the subject here on these Forums. So now that we all know those signatures have been aquired, you developers must understand our eagerness to once and for all get our hands on SMF 2.0 FINAL. After all, YOU were the ones that told us the only thing holding up the Final release were a few signatures. Not trying to rant or complain, im just saying.

jelv

The promise made at the beginning of this topic has a lot to do with why people are getting restless now!

Quote from: [SiNaN] on May 05, 2011, 07:08:48 PM
So, what does this all mean? It means 2.0 final is very very close to being released. Really! I can't give an exact date, but you can trust me that we will release SMF 2.0 final by the end of May, 2011, unless we get hit by an asteroid. In the mean time thank you all for your continued support.
jelv

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: XtcruleZ on June 05, 2011, 03:27:29 PM
To all the people saying "be patient" and "it will be done when its done": The reason for our impatience is because for as long as i can remember, whenever we asked when it will be done, we were told the holdup was getting the final signatures in place for the transfer. There are countless threads on the subject here on these Forums. So now that we all know those signatures have been aquired, you developers must understand our eagerness to once and for all get our hands on SMF 2.0 FINAL. After all, YOU were the ones that told us the only thing holding up the Final release were a few signatures. Not trying to rant or complain, im just saying.
I understand your and everyone's concern here. :). Yes, first we were holding back for the signatures however the development was still continued with further bug fixes. Once we got the signatures, the devs gave themselves a deadline to release the product but things didn't quite work out the way intended. A few bugs are blocking the final release which are being treated right now and the product should be out any time soon. We have quite a few people working on the fixes so as to get 2.0 Final out for the everyone :)

trebul

Quote from: XtcruleZ on June 05, 2011, 03:27:29 PM

I've been waiting just as long as you have. And they devs also stated that an issue with open id arose at the last minute so they had to fix that. Otherwise it would have been out by the end of May. You have to understand everyone does this as a volunteer, they have lives outside of smf.  :o

Love talking about pets?
      Visit a friendly pet forum!

Looking for tips to running a forum?
      Trebul's community guide

Advertisement: