News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 Update Part Last

Started by [SiNaN], May 05, 2011, 07:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanD

Well they said end of May but not what year  :P
Patience all it will come.
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

b4pjoe

Quote from: CrazieGrafix on June 05, 2011, 04:40:33 PM

Quote from: [SiNaN] on May 05, 2011, 07:08:48 PM
So, what does this all mean? It means 2.0 final is very very close to being released. Really! I can't give an exact date, but you can trust me that we will release SMF 2.0 final by the end of May, 2011, unless we get hit by an asteroid. In the mean time thank you all for your continued support.

Actually they did.

JBlaze

*sigh*

I'm sure spamming F5 will help speed the process along...
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

busterone

Indeed. It is getting old seeing this topic in the unread list over and over again.
Folks, be patient. Asking over and over will not speed it up. It may even slow them down if you piss them off.   :)

~DS~

*sighs* only if SMF offer an un unsubscribe feature to remove this from my unread...
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

AllanD

Quote from: b4pjoe on June 05, 2011, 04:47:55 PM
Quote from: CrazieGrafix on June 05, 2011, 04:40:33 PM

Quote from: [SiNaN] on May 05, 2011, 07:08:48 PM
So, what does this all mean? It means 2.0 final is very very close to being released. Really! I can't give an exact date, but you can trust me that we will release SMF 2.0 final by the end of May, 2011, unless we get hit by an asteroid. In the mean time thank you all for your continued support.

Actually they did.

My bad attempt of a joke lol
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

Antechinus

Personally I'm not worried about getting hassled. I'll let you in on a secret: the whole reason I insisted we give a deadline was because, having seen how this goes over the last few years, I thought that if we didn't give a deadline this thing would never happen. IOW, I'm as pissed with it as some other people are. I actually wanted the dev crew, including myself, to feel the pressure. I was totally sick of hearing "It'll be ready when it's ready" and "Soon" and (FFS) "No, really really soon. Really." It made me embarrassed to be associated with the project and I was ready to strangle kittens if I heard it again.

The OpenID bug has been sorted and that was the last blocker. We also managed to sneak in a couple of other bug fixes, so that's all good too. The ones left on Mantis are trivial and aren't worth delaying the release.

Go for it. Make a noise. Have fun. ;)

JBlaze

Jason Clemons

Bancherd

Quote from: Antechinus on June 05, 2011, 06:09:57 PM

The OpenID bug has been sorted and that was the last blocker. We also managed to sneak in a couple of other bug fixes, so that's all good too. The ones left on Mantis are trivial and aren't worth delaying the release.

Alright!

HecKel

Quote from: ~DS~ on June 05, 2011, 05:41:23 PM
*sighs* only if SMF offer an un unsubscribe feature to remove this from my unread...

<google>+1</google>
<facebook>Like</facebook>

:D
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

sharks

Quote from: Antechinus on June 05, 2011, 06:09:57 PM
Personally I'm not worried about getting hassled. I'll let you in on a secret: the whole reason I insisted we give a deadline was because, having seen how this goes over the last few years, I thought that if we didn't give a deadline this thing would never happen. IOW, I'm as pissed with it as some other people are. I actually wanted the dev crew, including myself, to feel the pressure. I was totally sick of hearing "It'll be ready when it's ready" and "Soon" and (FFS) "No, really really soon. Really." It made me embarrassed to be associated with the project and I was ready to strangle kittens if I heard it again.

Umm... Thanks for sharing your secret? :D
Seriously, it's somewhat of a relief to know The Day is finally coming. I try not to be pessimistic about SMF, but i have been waiting for so long, i hope Bin Laden's zombie doesn't show up at my door and blow me up before i get to see "2.0 final released" on the SMF main page.

BTW, the minor fixes that were left out of 2.0 gold, could mean that 2.0.1 won't be far from the 2.0 release?

Antechinus

2.0.1 would be primarily a security patch, as is normal for patches to stable releases. It is possible that some bug fixes might be added before 2.0.1 becomes necessary, but that doesn't mean it's certain.

Really everyone wants to start work on bigger and better things, so fixing minor glitches in 2.0 probably wont be high on our agenda. It'll depend on whether anyone feels like backporting 2.1 fixes into the 2.0 branch.

JBlaze

Jason Clemons

ApplianceJunk

So can I download it now or do charter members get to be the first members to download it?

IchBin™

It's not up for download yet AJ.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

ApplianceJunk

When it is up for download do charter members get to download it before everyone else or will we all be able to find it on the download page at the same time?

Thanks,

Antechinus

It's going to be a free for all.

hectorf

What a great piece of news! Thank you Antechinus for the update, I'm very excited like everybody to see the launch of SMF 2.0 Gold! :D

ApplianceJunk

Good, then I'm not waisting my time checking the download page countless times a day, right!? lol  ;)

eric1234

thanks. Eh, where is nas??? >.< I no longer see his name in the list. :(

Advertisement: