News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 Update Part Last

Started by [SiNaN], May 05, 2011, 07:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hectorf

Just let me ask you (smf team) a question because of the long wait: At least will it be launched during June? (doesn't matter  the exact day)

If so, I'm satisfied :)

Herman's Mixen

Just sit and wait and have your fingers crossed  ;)
soon = soon enough :P
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Antechinus

butchs

I say release RC6 and wait another month to go gold.
:)
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

RvG

hectorf

Quote from: butchs on June 10, 2011, 09:11:49 PM
I say release RC6 and wait another month to go gold.
:)

Why? I prefer to have SMF 2.0 final this month and not to wait another one because of RC6.

(it would be the same, because RC5 is very stable and with your idea it won't be still gold, which is the same for a lot of webmasters)

MC73

I'll personally wait patiently till it get ready ... this month, next month or whatever ...... RC5 is working great on my site. Everyone doing the coding has done a great job, so I'm not going to rush them doing their magic.
Over 1100 Online Flash Games 

XtcruleZ

Quote from: Illori on June 10, 2011, 07:23:15 PM
Quote from: jackregan on June 10, 2011, 07:20:28 PM
On another note, will 2.0 definitely be a large upgrade from RC5?

If there are only a few minor changes, is there no chance it can just be a thing we can do from the admin panel?

upgrades from RC's are always going to use the large upgrade package, this will not change anytime soon. also the number of changes is not few, it includes at least a header change in each and every file due to the license change.

So where was this when they were all telling us "we just need one more signature and its done?"

青山 素子

Quote from: XtcruleZ on June 11, 2011, 01:20:09 AM
So where was this when they were all telling us "we just need one more signature and its done?"

Shhhhh, don't talk about that. I tried a few pages ago and it didn't go well. We're pretending it was never said that the signature was the only thing preventing release.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Antechinus

Was it ever actually, definitively stated in those terms? I mean given that there were public bugs on Mantis back then, it'd be rather odd for anyone to think they didn't exist.

Powerbob

Can someone tell me in clear English what we are waiting for?

signature is done and dusted
Last minute bug quashed

so why no release, or are there more bugs we are not being told about :o

My SMF 2.1 Beta test site; http://www.pplb.net/smf21/index.php

Antechinus

AFAIK, we're waiting for Norv to have time on the weekend. Work, sleep and food have to be dealt with too, y'know.

Powerbob

Hey I am the first one to agree to what you say, but ...........................
you are telling me that in SMF ORG there is only one person who can put up the release?

(BTW it is the weekend :) )

My SMF 2.1 Beta test site; http://www.pplb.net/smf21/index.php

Antechinus

Yes: the lead dev always does the releases.

And yes, it is the weekend now. You have to bear in mind the time zones though. It is only just the weekend now in some places.

ab1cor

I realy hope not seeing this thread the monday... I want the monday to be installing and configuring my new SMF 2.0 based community!

Staind

Quote from: Antechinus on June 11, 2011, 06:29:31 AM
Yes: the lead dev always does the releases.

And yes, it is the weekend now. You have to bear in mind the time zones though. It is only just the weekend now in some places.
its weekend here  ;D
11:39am
just too fast and furious!!! ;)
24 hrs a day...24 bottles in a crate what a coincidence???

jackregan

So, just to clarify...

When it's released, I run the large update and then my mods disappear, and then I just reinstall them and all of the data and settings of each mod will be preserved, right?

I'm thinking about my customs actions mod and also TinyPortal as I have put loads of stuff into both of these.

I have also made huge changes to the index.template.php file but well, I can just copy and paste that I guess.

On another note, I notice that the forum on this site now says SMF 2.0 at the bottom. Not sure how long it's been like that (who looks?) but maybe it's prophetic...
Bible Study, Catholic News, Youth Group Stuff (my humble attempt at an SMF site... I'm grateful to the amazing people who have made SMF what it is!!

Illori

you are best to ask in the support thread for each mod how their settings are saved, as each one is different. the change you made to your index.template.php file may work in the new, it depends on what changes have been made to the templates since RC5 was released.

Burridge

Quote from: jackregan on June 11, 2011, 08:34:25 AM
On another note, I notice that the forum on this site now says SMF 2.0 at the bottom. Not sure how long it's been like that (who looks?) but maybe it's prophetic...
That's due to them testing the final 2.0 I think.

Road Rash Jr.

Quote from: jackregan on June 11, 2011, 08:34:25 AM
So, just to clarify...

It's been changed from some time, but you can do this too, owdy provided the code hack here
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=421547.msg2949775;topicseen#msg2949775
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Advertisement: