News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 Update Part Last

Started by [SiNaN], May 05, 2011, 07:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poolhall

dasilvatwins

Robert.

1.1.14 disappeared :D Looks like someone is about to release it ^^

dasilvatwins

Quote from: Dr. Deejay on June 11, 2011, 03:54:51 PM
F5 the download page. ;)

Robert.

JBlaze

Finally, we can return to a state of semi-normalcy...
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

-=[Vyorel]=-

Quote from: Dr. Deejay on June 11, 2011, 03:54:51 PM
I think download page is in work now.
My mods for SMF - [6].

twig/al

dasilvatwins

Quote from: Dr. Deejay on June 11, 2011, 03:57:30 PM
Yes, but announcing it :P

Um who cares who announces it? It's released. :D

Robert.

Quote from: JBlaze on June 11, 2011, 03:57:52 PM
Finally, we can return to a state of semi-normalcy...
+1 lol :P

eric1234

Yeah.. now waiting for the mods...!! haha..finally see some golds ^^

sharks

2.0 isn't final yet... A new minor bug just surfaced as it wasn't there when i checked a few hours ago: Admin quick search references the old docs site
http://dev.simplemachines.org/mantis/view.php?id=4747
The download page shows 2.0 as being available (no more RC5) but it's interesting to note that its change log shows it's date as being released on 5 June 2011. :D

About 1.1.14, the bug tracker is still frozen for 1.1 since no bugs have been fixed after 1.1.13.
1.1.14 seems to be simply a new release with the LLC copyright line removed at the bottom of the forum. Nothing to get excited about, folks, as it's the same thing under the bonnet.

Robert.

Actually, 1.1.14 does includes bugfixes. It won't be released as NPO ;)

sharks

Quote from: Dr. Deejay on June 11, 2011, 04:11:42 PM
Actually, 1.1.14 does includes bugfixes. It won't be released as NPO ;)
Oh?! That's news to me. I thought the entire SMF structure; lock, stock and barrel have been converted to NPO. That's disappointing. So, only 2.0 is released as NPO? 1.x and 1.1.x branches are still LLC properties? Why didn't the SMF team opt for a complete conversion? I'm frankly stumped.

But more importantly, does that mean anything different for those who are/will still be using 1.1.x? Such as, reduced or dropped development?

BTW, 1.1.14 is only available under "Archived releases" http://download.simplemachines.org/?archive
And not on the download page, which seems to indicate that 1.1.14 is the end of life for 1.1.x branch? Since it's been archived.

P.S. The minor bug for 2.0 just got moved to 2.1, so i guess the final release is coming any time now. ;)

Robert.

Quote from: sharks on June 11, 2011, 04:19:29 PM
Oh?! That's news to me. I thought the entire SMF structure; lock, stock and barrel have been converted to NPO. That's disappointing. So, only 2.0 is released as NPO? 1.x and 1.1.x branches are still LLC properties? Why didn't the SMF team opt for a complete conversion? I'm frankly stumped.

But more importantly, does that mean anything different for those who are/will still be using 1.1.x? Such as, reduced or dropped development?
Yush. Only 2.0+ is going to released as NPO. :P The reason they didn't decided for a full conversion is probably because 1.1 is already 5 years old y'know :P

Bloc

Downloads are mixed up. "Upgrade"/"install" gives the upgrade package, while the "update" gives the full install :P

eric1234

So the 2.0 gold is actually haven't release? O.o

Kratty256

Yes, 2.0 Gold has just been released and will be on the Downloads page shortly.

Thanks devs!! Can't wait to put this on my site!

Robert.

Quote from: colby67 on June 11, 2011, 04:28:15 PM
Downloads are mixed up. "Upgrade"/"install" gives the upgrade package, while the "update" gives the full install :P
Lol :P

NanoSector

Quote from: colby67 on June 11, 2011, 04:28:15 PM
Seems the first one and the last one need to be switched ::)

Nice work on the release, team!! :D
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Advertisement: