News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Missing "Age" on registration

Started by Furry-Sneezes, May 08, 2011, 02:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furry-Sneezes

Currently the feature that requires a minimum age in order to register does not work, due to the fact that Age is not one of the fields shown at registration, NOR is it a field that can be added. As such, I cannot restrict minors from my site aside from the one-click 'registration agreement'. Is this going to be re-added in the future, or the age restriction feature at least removed? Turning it on makes it where no one can register.

Illori

admim -> registration -> settings age below which to apply registration restrictions need to be filled in.

_sj

This looks like a bug to me.

If I set specified minimum age value and disable 'Show and require agreement letter when registering.' option, there is only one button available.
When I click 'Register' button, SMF will say 'Because you fall under the age of 13, it is a legal requir ...', so nobody can register.

If registration agreement is required for this, it should not allow to choose this combination, otherwise it should not check minimun age when registration agreement is off.
My two cents.

YogiBear

The real point is how do you know if anyone is telling the truth? OK, so postings from someone aged 18 may well differ from someone aged 48 but the difference between 17 and 18 can be impossible to detect.

I know what you mean as anyone who runs a site of adult interest faces this problem often. All you can do is take every reasonable precaution.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Advertisement: