News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Hide particular board(s) to members until they make post(s)

Started by agent47, May 08, 2011, 04:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agent47

Hey guys I was wondering if there's a way I could hide particular boards and the topics in that board to members and make them viewable after they make a particular amount of posts. This is something I have been looking for for a very long time but I couldn't find anything in the mods section and I was wondering if there would be a code for it ?

PortaMx is probably the best SMF portal!

kat

Make the new users enter a certain membergroup.

They stay in that group until they've made however many posts.

Make the boards that you want hidden, hidden from that first membergroup.

Sorted. ;)

agent47

Why you smart kitty!!! :P
I had no idea membergroups can be assigned which boards are viewable to them and not.....
SMF frikking rulezzz!!   8)

agent47

Okay this isn't entirely solved. I created a new member-group and set minimum posts required to 0 and hid a couple of boards but the boards are still visible to members > 0 posts

Here's a screen.

What am I doing wrong guys?

And why is it that I can't delete that first membergroup?

Ozzie

you would need to add a number other than zero for required posts,because with zero it is saying that zero posts are needed to view the hidden boards set a number u want 5/6/7/8 or whatever ........

2000+ games available to download

agent47

Quote from: OZZIE on May 08, 2011, 07:14:53 PM
you would need to add a number other than zero for required posts,because with zero it is saying that zero posts are needed to view the hidden boards set a number u want 5/6/7/8 or whatever ........
No, the member-group I'm currently trying to create are for those that register on the site and are moved into that group. I need to hide particular boards to them until they have made a set number of posts. Do you know what I mean ?

CapadY

I can't find the right English name for it but all of your members are by default also in a group called "Regular members" or "Ungrouped members". Often they can view the boards via this membergroup. So make sure that members of the "Regular membergroup" can't view the board either.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

kat

Basically, make sure every noob, up to a certain number of posts, is in one, post-count based group.

No other groups.

Then, once they pass "X" number of posts, they move to another group.

Once you start mixing non-post-count-based (There really ought to be a bloody abbreviation, for that) groups with post-count-based ones, you start getting hassles with inherited permissions and all that luvvly stuff.

Advertisement: