[WIP] SA Twitter Integration

Started by SA™, May 09, 2011, 03:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

Quote from: Douglas on May 20, 2011, 09:35:49 PM
One thing that needs to be fixed in your integration is that every time I log in via my Twitter account, it asks me to authorize the app. It should only take me to that screen once, on registration.
Not sure about this, this could be the limit or how twitter does in their API for authentication. Added to the tracker.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

SA™

fixed seem i was always sending user to

http://twitter.com/oauth/authorize
all the time instead of just once

had to modify the api to make it work as it should
to go to
http://twitter.com/oauth/authenticate

Quote from: Douglas on May 20, 2011, 09:35:49 PM
Okay, the WSOD error was a PEBCAK error on my part.

One thing that needs to be fixed in your integration is that every time I log in via my Twitter account, it asks me to authorize the app. It should only take me to that screen once, on registration.

Getting there. :)
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

FlipPro

I am adding this to my site TWEETFORUM.COM [nofollow] . I am looking for even better twitter integration, I want hashtags and @mentions to automatically link back to twitter, i want to be able to use @in the forums and have it plugin to either the users profile/ or twitter. The user should be able to self define the option they want when someone mentions their name. And I also want people to have the ability to tweet out/in from inside their profile, (i already have it set to tweet out each topic) SA I have worked with you in the past for MoneyMakerForums, and I am willing to beta test/ and work with you HARD. Lets get to work.

~DS~

The @Anywhere feature is being worked on.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

FlipPro

By who? I also want to have a rewriter engine, that automatically rewrites popular phrases and hastags, and @s. I was going to use the censor feature to do this but it is going to have problems if i try to add a link back twitter when converting the words.

edit: didn't realize you were working with him V. I guess you meant you and him are working on it. Thank you sir, I am going to be installing your mod today, and start playing with it. I know I am going to have to learn alot more about the twitter API in order to make this forum into the one that it has potential to be.

~DS~

FlipPro

SA™

this is for smf2 only

package updated

fixed Undefined index: tw_app_api
fixed twitter messing up boardindex
fixed missing text strings

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Douglas

Quote from: SA™package updated
fixed Undefined index: tw_app_api
fixed twitter messing up boardindex
fixed missing text strings
Glad I didn't install .3 then, haha!  I'll test it out today. :)
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

Douglas

Looks like it's working, as intended.  Nice work, guys (and thanks!)
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

SA™

ok secrity update package updated

id advise to any using to update your copy asap

big thanks to
Bobomaster for spotting this issue

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

SA™

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

tabletsdroid

this is great SA! just what ive been looking for. after reading Douglas' comment though, I think im going to hold back a while before installing.
Are you Looking Forward To it?

~DS~

Quote from: tabletsdroid on June 17, 2011, 03:58:39 AM
this is great SA! just what ive been looking for. after reading Douglas' comment though, I think im going to hold back a while before installing.
He just said it was working. ???

tabletsdroid

Quote from: ~DS~ on June 17, 2011, 09:31:58 AM
Quote from: tabletsdroid on June 17, 2011, 03:58:39 AM
He just said it was working. ???

so he did!
Are you Looking Forward To it?

Apllicmz

Yes thank you
Work Fine
Translate in portugues done

Edit ....Api
How can resolv that error
thank you

twitter

A newbie question. Where can I download this mod from?

~DS~

Quote from: twitter on July 08, 2011, 04:32:08 AM
A newbie question. Where can I download this mod from?
First post of this topic?

twitter

Hasnt the package been updated a couple of times since then?

twitter

Guys is this MOD production ready? I really love the mod but I am seeing a significant performance degradation after installing this mod. The minute I uninstall this mod the performance goes back up. Am I doing something wrong?

Here is what I have done:

1. Vanilla Installed SMF 2.0
2. Installed Pretty URL and RSS Feeder MODS.
3. Installed SA Twitter Mod.

Advertisement: