News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Administration page is blank.

Started by bluzeman, May 09, 2011, 04:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

have you tried uploading a fresh set of files in place of what is there?

bluzeman

Not yet, but I think I'll try that now.  I'll download a new copy of the tar.gz file and try installing in a different directory and see what happens.

bluzeman

I ended up getting called out on a service call, and now I have an appointment to go to.  I'll try that as soon as I get back Illori.

Thanks for the help, I'll let you know how it goes!

bluzeman

Well, just wanted to post a follow up.  I tried installing to a new directory and have the same exact issue.

Looking at the error I posted from the httpd-errors log, I think that long ago when I upgraded some things on the box it didn't update all the extensions.  I'm still not sure why this would cause only the admin center to show a blank page, but I've decided to just put it on one of my other FreeBSD servers for now.  I'm running a few things on the one in question that I don't want to mess up so that the easiest answer I guess, for now.

Thanks all for the help.  If I get time in the future, I'm going to recompile php and all the extensions.  I'll post back here if that resolves the issue so we can have a definite "solved" status. :)

mashby

Curious as to the status of things on your end. Is this issue resolved for you? :)
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Advertisement: