News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Bakers Dozen Pages

Started by Deprecated, October 31, 2008, 11:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

I got one test failed error while installing.

well, when you get an error and install anyway - why do you expect things to work?
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation

Also, you have to SET UP the pages in the admin, modifications section...
This doesn't just put tabs... it defines the main page content in a simplistic editor (not wysiwyg).
read the actual mod description and instructions
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=271527.0
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Shambles

Quote from: uamsameter

Did you correct the issue and manually apply the bits of the mod that failed to apply?

uamsameter

Wandering is free. Certainty has a price.

Kindred

well, how do you expect it to work if you don't make all of the code changes?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Deprecated

Quote from: uamsameter on September 06, 2016, 11:49:18 AM
hello people,
I assume that this mod is meant to allow me add extra tabs to my menu.
I uploaded and installed it but no menu tab is showing.

does anybody have help for me?

Never install a mod if an error test fails, excepting in themes you don't use and won't ever use.

I know exactly what happened. Somebody else's mod crapped the install point that adds the tab, I think that may be Admin.php if my memory serves me.

Fixing it is a much harder problem. You have to find what got stepped on and fix that, or uninstall, reinstall and note what file and what line or mod, and then manually edit that in.

Baker's Dozen installs one tab giving access to 13 pages you add your own content to. You can have anywhere between 1 to 13 pages. Thus the mod's name.

As stated above, you can configure the mod but you can't access it until you fix your mod package collision.

Chaoticone

OK, this is going to get a little weird......  :P

Deprecated, you asked me to post here so here goes.......

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=548489.msg3890766#msg3890766
One button (with a name you pick) on the main menu then clickable links to as many pages as you have enabled, maximum 13. (Pages not enabled don't appear.) The links run across the top of the page you get when you click the main button and you pick what each link says, and fill in the contents with your text. Just think of it as a button that links to up to 13 pages you can flip back and forth between.

In the topic linked above you had given me a link to the add tabs mod. Later you described it's functions as the Bakers Dozen mod. So long story short..... the add tabs mod works nothing like the Bakers Dozen but once I installed Bakers Dozen it works exactly as you described. I like it and I'm really glad you have any of the links open in a new tab. It works good and I got no warnings when installing. I also do not have any errors spamming my error log as I did when I added my own custom button. An added benefit of using Bakers Dozen over adding a custom button with sub buttons is Bakers Dozen will not see any of the lack of functionality on mobile devices. :)

Thanks!

PS, does your donations button allow for donations through Paypal?

Deprecated

Sorry I got confused, but it appears to have worked out. If it's the topic I'm thinking, the one where you were going to manually edit code, then I'm glad you found a mod that does it with no code editing.

No I don't accept donations any more. The only reason the button is still there is (1) can't edit the OP in my support topic, and (2) too lazy to go through all the mods and edit out the donation links. I got so few donations that the difference few and zero was insignificant to me. Thanks anyway!

Chaoticone

No problem and thanks for creating the Bakers Dozen.

QuoteI got so few donations that the difference few and zero was insignificant to me.

Thats  :(

Advertisement: