Image Size Change Doesn't Affect New Images

Started by IntrepidSovereign, May 10, 2011, 06:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IntrepidSovereign

I did a clean install of RC5 and tried to change the maximum size of embedded images, but any images embedded after the change stay their full size. No errors found in the error log on the forum or on the server. No mods installed.

Server OS: Linux
Apache version: 2.0.63
Php version: 5.2.16
MySQL version: 5.0.92-community

*can't post url yet* :-[

Chas Large

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Can you try cleaning the cache and see if that makes the changes take effect? it's not unknown to have a cached file remember bad layout settings. Also for a Forced Reload of the page (CTRL + F5) In FireFox on Windows.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

aishaweb

Quote from: IntrepidSovereign on May 10, 2011, 06:24:53 PM

*can't post url yet* :-[

Instead of posting a url you could put something like this:

IntrepidSovereign DOT com

IntrepidSovereign

I cleared the cache and the pictures still post at full size.

mashby

Mind posting a link to your site? I realize you only have 2 posts, so maybe be creative when posting it if at all possible.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

IntrepidSovereign

mashby

You seem to have a cool Highslide image viewer on your site. I am seeing thumbnails when clicked on fly out a larger version of it.
- James M. Barrie

IntrepidSovereign

I put that mod in when the built-in resizing started giving me trouble.

mashby

I think you've done a great thing then if pictures are an important part of your forum! I dig that mod.
- James M. Barrie

IntrepidSovereign

I like it too (once I figured out it would only work if I installed it manually :P). Even though it covers the problem, I would like to know what's wrong and how to fix it. Kind of nags at me.

mashby

Understandable. Just for fun, I added some pictures to a mostly unmodded test site:
http://www.choppix.com/rc5/index.php?topic=1.0
I had set the max width of images to be 800 and height to be 500 and posted two images. Then went and changed the max width to be 300 and height to be 200. You can see that the first post's images were resized to the first settings and the next one's image was resized to meet the altered settings. Looks like the image settings are set in the post and won't change if you change the settings. Future posts will be but previous posts won't be. But it sounds like your settings aren't being recognized at all or am I misunderstanding?
- James M. Barrie

IntrepidSovereign

The new setting aren't being recognized at all.

mashby

OK. What other mods might you have installed? And how are you inserting the images? Embedding or attaching or how else?
- James M. Barrie

IntrepidSovereign

The Highslide mod is the only one installed. The attachments behave the way they're supposed to. The pics are embedded using the [ img ] tags.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi, sorry you've been left hanging a bit - any updates to this? Are you still having trouble with the images?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: