Password security has recently been upgraded. Please enter your password again.

Started by Ardii, May 11, 2011, 10:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ardii

I have a problem with password of user from the last converting that i did.
I convert vbulletin 3.8.5 to smf RC5 , everything has go okay in converting but the problem is when I go to login with my old username and password ,shows me this : Password security has recently been upgraded. Please enter your password again.

What to do , have anyone any answer how to solve this problem?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

You do what it says, and enter the same password once more - and it should be OK from there on :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Ardii

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Odd - It should work if the password is correct. Sadly I know nothing of this converter, so I'm probably not much help beyond my last reply.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Oldiesmann

It should work fine if you enter the same password a second time. You're saying it just gives you the same page again if you re-enter your password?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ThorstenE

there are at least two "known" bugs (one was tracked with id 4587, I would have reported the other one but my converter related bug reports have been ignored for a long time, thus I gave up on reporting more)

Bugs:
1) LogInOut.php
$other_passwords[] = md5(md5($_POST['passwrd']) . $user_settings['password_salt']);
there is a missing stripslashes(); for the password_salt.

2) the password salt in vBulletin is varchar32, therefore the salt column in SMF needs to be changed by the converter (see 4587)

digitalmikey

Quote from: TE on May 11, 2011, 05:51:07 PM
there are at least two "known" bugs (one was tracked with id 4587, I would have reported the other one but my converter related bug reports have been ignored for a long time, thus I gave up on reporting more)

Bugs:
1) LogInOut.php
$other_passwords[] = md5(md5($_POST['passwrd']) . $user_settings['password_salt']);
there is a missing stripslashes(); for the password_salt.

2) the password salt in vBulletin is varchar32, therefore the salt column in SMF needs to be changed by the converter (see 4587)

I wonder if this will ever be addressed. I really need for my users NOT to have to change their password just because I switched to SMF.

Advertisement: