News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Active Users in the Past 24 Hours

Started by wynnyelle, May 12, 2011, 04:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wynnyelle

How do you display this? I want to try displaying it. We used to have this on Proboards. It was pretty neat.

I have version 2.0 version 3.

wynnyelle

That one doesn't work good. :( It looks like nobody is on my forum in the morning. It takes all day for anything to show up. As soon as it's midnight it gets wiped out...it really sucks.

But thank you for responding.

Sir Osis of Liver

Did you try setting Admin -> Features and Options -> User online time threshold to 1440?

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

wynnyelle

That would make everyone show up as online when they're not, and that would annoy a lot of people. I know because we had it set to like 5 hours last year at some point and people were complaining.

Matthew K.

The mod Spoogs linked you to should work, if it doesn't, have you considered posting on the mods dedicated support thread?

wynnyelle

I couldn't find the support thread. And that mod isn't very good. It wipes itself out every night at midnight. I used to have one that worked all the time.

Illori

Quote from: Krash. on May 12, 2011, 11:25:39 PM
Did you try setting Admin -> Features and Options -> User online time threshold to 1440?

by increasing the online time threshold like that you are adding more stress to your server as well, which for is not a good thing to do.

wynnyelle

Now I remember that's why we cut it down to the usual 15 minute default.

I see one mod but it's for version 4. I have version 3. I don't want to upgrade because i'm afraid that all my mods and skins will break, because I have no money to get them fixed.

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Illori on May 13, 2011, 06:16:04 AM
by increasing the online time threshold like that you are adding more stress to your server as well, which for is not a good thing to do.

How does it affect the server?

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

the server has to store the information and call more information each time a page is loaded so it will stress the server more the information it has to gather.

Advertisement: