News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

More Statisics Link goes to 404 Error File Not Found

Started by PenelopeQ, May 14, 2011, 08:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PenelopeQ

A short list of my forum stats is displayed at the bottom of the welcome page.
There is a link that used to go to an entire page od stats. Now it goes to a bluhost 404 Error File Not Found page.

I don't even know what to ask. Someone just mentioned it to me, but I had not visited the page for awhile, so it might have been broken for a while.

Ideas?

Kays

Hmm, it could be a number of things. But without actually seeing the page, or where the link goes, most are just wild guesses. ::)

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

PenelopeQ

Well I uninstalled it. But the moderators and I think we liked it better before. I used the revert to old urls package but may not have done it properly--so the links with pretty are not redirected.

But is there a way I can just access the statistics link in the code and correct it--with pretty urls functioning?
Or will pretty urls overwrite what I do?

If I can manually change something with pretty urls in place, could someone give me directions? Otherwise just tell me it can't be done.

aishaweb

PenelopeQ

Okay, I just did that.

We also learned that any thread with an exclamation point ! has issues.
Is there anything that can be done about this--other than asking people not to use !. Or can we somehow prevent that character from being used in the topic start settings...?

aishaweb

Quote from: PenelopeQ on May 19, 2011, 05:38:00 PM
Okay, I just did that.

We also learned that any thread with an exclamation point ! has issues.
Is there anything that can be done about this--other than asking people not to use !. Or can we somehow prevent that character from being used in the topic start settings...?

You need to ask that in the pretty urls support thread.

Advertisement: