News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Member Permisions

Started by Yourmum90, May 15, 2011, 10:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yourmum90

Hi, I am trying out SMF and thinking of changing over from PHPBB, mainly becuase the mod's and themes are so much easier to use and install. I do have a couple of questions on permissions though.

I would like to stop any user from sending PM's untill they have a number of posts determind by me. I have therefore set up a group on post count of say 0 and therefore every new member will automatically be added to this group after signup. i have also created a new group called member with a post count of 10. How do i set them to be able to send or not send PM's?

I also want three level of viewing forums. Guest's can only see the guest forum board, members can see Members and Guest board and then Admin/mod's can see all three. i am sure this can be done but can't get my head around it at the moment as the permssions seem to be a little different.

Thanks,
Rich

Spoogs

Enable permissions for post count groups Admin>> Members>> Permissions>> Settings
-Remove permissions to send/read PM's from regular members and any post count group you do not want to have these permissions

Viewing a board is controlled at board access Admin>> Forum>> Boards>> Modify Boards
- check the boxes for those you want to view the board leave unchecked for those that should not be bale to view the board

Yourmum90

Do you know what, this forum is already a reason to move from PHPBB, over there as i'm sure you know every single new thread has to authorised and that can take 3 or so hours. Here i have answers to my perplexing (to me at least) questions within minutes.

Thanks,

Spoogs

lol, never been over there but glad you like it here :)

Advertisement: