Stack Overflow at line: 9

Started by Biology Forums, May 15, 2011, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biology Forums

Some members are saying that they're getting the error Stack Overflow at line: 9; what could this be coming from?

Illori

stack overflow at line 9 of what file? a bit more information would help us to be able to tell you what may be going on.

Biology Forums

Have no idea, it was reported by a member :-\

Illori

can you get some more details from that member?

Biology Forums

Trying to, but hopefully someone else has seen this before.

YogiBear

Stack Overflow occurs when something is trying to do too much in any given area of memory at any given time. Put it anoher way the call stack in the local machine cannot handle the amount of data coming in. My first thought is to contact your host as the fault could be in the RAM their end but if it is affecting only one member the likelihood is the problem is on his/her machine.

The solution is usually to clear all browsing history and cookies, then run a cleaner (CCleaner and Eusing as very good and both free) then flush the resolver cache ...

Start > Run > type cmd in the box : this opens a command line (DOS) screen

At the prompt type   ipconfig /release

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /renew

exit (which closes the box)

Let us know what happens :)
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Biology Forums

I told the member the same thing, thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Most common cause for this AFAIK, would be a javascript that IE can't handle properly (I've mostly seen this error in IE). Can happen at times without real problems in the code, but if it happens all the time, then something is probably off somewhere.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Biology Forums

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on June 13, 2011, 12:33:01 AM
Most common cause for this AFAIK, would be a javascript that IE can't handle properly (I've mostly seen this error in IE). Can happen at times without real problems in the code, but if it happens all the time, then something is probably off somewhere.

I found out it was caused by a javascript installed  by the facebook connect mod.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Good :) We can mark this solved then?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: