Request: Backend Clan Portal

Started by Razgriz, July 25, 2005, 11:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgriz

About a month ago, I was searching around the internet, and I realized that there are no GOOD clan management systems. They all have one thing wrong with them, or another. So I decided that I was going to make my own, and at first it started out slow.

Eventually things sped up, but hitting bugs was like running into a brick wall. I was going to make the portal itself, and then have an SMF Forum. About 2 days ago, I realized that I was an idiot, and that I should just integrate the portal directly with SMFs Database, and update the control panel.

I started working on it, and then I realized that it's way beyond my skill as a scripter, and so I figured I'd ask here...

Hopefully, this inspires someone to make something that'll be useful for all of us gamers who love SMF.

First it would have to have news on the main page....Hurrah. SMF took care of that for us with the SSI. It would be nice if it had some php files that could be used as includes in a site, to make the site feel like it's more than a cardboard cutout.

Second, it would have to fetch the users from a member group...say Clan Members, and display them in a list, with links to their profiles.

Third, it would need to allow users to have more gaming related information in their profile. (Basically, added fields of Games Played and basic System Specs)

That's about all I can think of for now, it's mostly just a matter of the one thing I'm not very good with.....queries.

Advertisement: