News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Downgrading 2.0 to 1.1 ?

Started by ignaciolibre, May 16, 2011, 05:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignaciolibre

Im currently running 2.0 on host (A), host (B) only runs 1.1, I need to move database from A to B is this possible to downgrade seamlessly? Thanks

SlammedDime

Host 'B' only runs 1.1?  What?  All a host needs is PHP and MySQL... what version of SMF you run will make no difference.  (If you're referring to what they have available in their auto installer, ignore it)
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

KensonPlays

I don't really even think it's possible to downgrade from 2.x to 1.x, is it SD?

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Illori

there is no official way other then a backup from when you were running 1.1.1* if you had been to down grade.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Kcmartz on May 18, 2011, 11:40:32 AM
It's possible in theory. You would have to convert a 2.0 installation to something like Phpbb, and then from that 3rd party software back to SMF 1.1. So you would have to do 2 conversions of the database. Risky - and you may lose stuff and functionality since you are going backwards in versions...
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Suki

Or migrate from 2.0 to and external forum software, then from the external forum software to SMF 1.1.x   note that this not only is inefficient but extremely time consuming.

I recall a user making a tool for this,  can't find the topic right now, but I'm sure if you do a deep search you will find that tool.

edit, Lex got here first :P
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Illori

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=416981.0 although i dont know if the team as looked into this, or anything about it other then it exists.

KensonPlays

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on May 18, 2011, 11:48:23 AM
Quote from: Kcmartz on May 18, 2011, 11:40:32 AM
It's possible in theory. You would have to convert a 2.0 installation to something like Phpbb, and then from that 3rd party software back to SMF 1.1. So you would have to do 2 conversions of the database. Risky - and you may lose stuff and functionality since you are going backwards in versions...
That's why you shouldn't do it..

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

As pretty much all the possible routes to do this have already been covered, and SM does not support downgrading, I'm marking this topic solved.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: