Need help Deleting all user post after deleting user w/o deleting post

Started by Tsavo, May 17, 2011, 02:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsavo

I deleted a spam user that posted 3600 post on my SMF. I did this in the control panel and it did not get give me the option to delete the user post. After reading a few other topics i realize i should of deleted him from the user profile menu. Now that the user is deleted how can i go about deleting his post? I do not want to do it manuelly. Please help, thanks

Spoogs

create a new member
Then go to Admin>>Maintenance>>Forum Maintenance>>Members
Reattribute the posts to the new member then go to the new member's profile and delete the member along with the posts.

NanoSector

Welcome to SMF :)

AFAIK you can use this way:
1. Create a new user with the same name
2. Delete it from the user panel (open user's profile > Actions > Delete this account)
3. In the dropdown, select "Topics and posts".
4. Check the checkbox (and confirm it).
5. Deleting time!

EDIT: hijacked, and Spoogs method is better :P
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Tsavo

This is not working for me. The old user is now a guest and the new one i create can not take over his post. Anyway to delete all guest post?

Spoogs

if you can see the guests email address put that in 'Email address of'
or
if you can see the guests username put that in 'Username of'
then
Put the new members username in 'Attribute posts to member'
Click reattribute

Tsavo

i keep getting "Could not find member to attribute posts to." I put the username and how many post.

Spoogs

Tsavo

I am a moron, i kept putting number of post in the "Attribute posts to member: ie 3600" oops.. thanks

Spoogs

Tsavo

ugh, Okay now all the post go to the new user, but when i delete the user and all Topics and Post, they do not delete and revamp to guest?

Spoogs

When you go to the user's profile to delete the account there are options there to delete all posts/and topics of the user being deleted.

Tsavo

yeah, i click all post and topics to be deleted, but they did not delete.

Spoogs

That's weird.. I tested for the heck of it just now and it removed the posts and topics of the new user.

Tsavo

I made a few test myself and i post a few topics with the username and when i deleted the account and deleted the topics and messages only the topics i created got deleted not the spammers.

Spoogs

it's deleting all for me
Maybe try running maintenance and see if that helps any

Admin>>Maintenance>>Forum Maintenance>>Routine

Tsavo

the only solution i could figure out was deleting all the post by the user ID in phpmyadmin.

Advertisement: